Happy Friday! Happy Birthday to my wife – she is . . . not my age. I’m smarter than that.
Big day – I talked about this before and as always, I’ll include it within the scribble on the website. But, today is the 4x4x48 Challenge courtesy of Mr. David Goggins. Let me review what this is. Starting tonight at 8pm (West Cost Time aka PST) – the challenge is to run 4 miles every 4 hours for the next 48 hours. That fascinates me. Maybe next year – but if it’s around my wife’s birthday . . . that probably wouldn’t be a good idea, but we’ll see. Very intriguing to me. Oh – and yes, I’m still listening to his book Can’t Hurt Me. Not done yet, but getting there. So far – you should go listen to it, too.
New Music Friday:
- Drake’s got new music out! It’s not the whole sha-bang that he promised back in January. That album is called Certified Lover Boy – no release date there. This 3 song EP is called Scary Hours 2 . . . because he already had a Scary Hours EP before. That “What’s next” song was a whole lotta him bragging about getting lucky on Valentine’s Day.
- St. Vincent has officially announced her new album Daddy’s Home and shared its first single, “Pay Your Way in Pain.” The album is out May 14
- The Kings of Leon album drops today – When You See Yourself – 11 songs
- “Coming 2 America” is out today – yes, the movie with Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, Tracy Morgan, James Earl Jones, Leslie Jones . . . the list goes on. But – Def Jam is releasing not one but two soundtracks to go along with it. I last week that there was the release of the on song – “I’m King” with Bobby Sessions and Megan Thee Stallion. But, I’m not seeing the whole soundtrack yet today. Movie is through Amazon Prime.
- GRAMMYs are coming. The show hosted by Trevor Noah is March 14. But – on SiriusXM, you can hear all the nominees and contenders for a Grammy can be found on Ch. 104. You get Beyoncé, Post Malone, Taylor Swift, and more, plus virtual backstage interviews and other “shtuff.”
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“If you’re early, you’re on time. If you’re on time, you’re late.” Chris Rock’s dad