I ran, I vlogged – 92 in a row! / April Alcohol Drought is underway – already experienced a benefit. Typically, on my Thursday drive home, I grab a 4 pack of beverage to try out for the weekend. I didn’t do that. Saved some money.
Watching The Falcon and the Winter Soldier tonight with Pizza, Wings, and . . . water.
Last week, I told you no Coachello this year. But – The Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival has posted its lineup, scheduled to run September 2-5th. Foo Fighters and Megan Thee Stallion on Friday, Lizzo and Tame Impala on Saturday, and Tyler, The Creator and Lana Del Rey on Sunday.
New Music Friday:
- Rewind to last Friday – that new AJR album that came out – OK Orchestra – still loving it. By the way, for all you newbies to AJR – it’s three brothers, Adam, Jack, and Ryan.
- Also, another album that came out last week that I got to dig into some more was from singer and rapper Noga Erez. KIDS is the album. I let this one flip over a couple times, too.
- 2Cellos came out with another song. First – who are 2Cellos? They are 2 guys from Croatia who each play the cello AND they redo famous rock and pop songs. The current one – Bon Jovi’s “Living on a Prayer.” Past ones? White Stripe’s “Seven Army Nation”, AC/DC’s “Thunderstruck”, and way more.
- 1st song on the Spotify playlist – New Music Friday – is “deja vu” by Olivia Rodrigo. I really liked that one. It’s definitely not something that I would have gone for, but truly enjoyed.
- Mat Kearney came out with a 5 song album – the one song that I heard was “Anywhere With You.” He has a sound like the bare foot dude (Jack Johnson), or Ben Rector, or maybe even Chris Martin. I enjoy him as a chill sound in the house library, too.
- Violent Femmes have announced a new vinyl reissue of their greatest hits compilation Add It Up (1981-1993), marking the first time it’s been available in the format since its initial pressing in 1993. The vinyl reissue is out May 21. FYI – they are celebrating 40 years as a band this year!
- Something new for me – The Fratellis – their whole album dropped today. Now, I think I’ve already heard like half of the songs on this album, but I was happy to get the other half. The album is called Half Drunk Under a Full Moon
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” ― Bob Marley