A show on SiriusXM that I never miss is One Man Revolution with Tom Morello. He played the guitar with Prophets of Rage / Audioslave / and some band known as Rage Against the Machine. Incredible show with insight that I truly enjoy. He even has his mom sitting in with him and she is totally a cool with the music he pumps it. It’s simply great. This past week I did learn that he played on The Pretty Reckless album – Death by Rock and Roll – for the song “And So It Went.” I then saw that Matt Cameron (former drummer of Soundgarden, but current day drummer of Pearl Jam) and Kim Thayli (rhymes with smile & lead guitars for Soundgarden) played on their song, “Only Love Can Save Me Now.” FYI, the lead singer of The Pretty Reckless is Taylor Momsen, who played Cindy Lou Who in the The Grinch. She’s all grown up now. Anyway – I’ve been listening to this album some more, which was originally released earlier this year.
FYI – missed last week – Alanis Morissette has shared a new song called “I Miss the Band.” Here’s the official video. The single arrives months after the release of her 2020 LP Such Pretty Forks in the Road.
New Music Friday:
- Weezer have shared another new song from their long-awaited Van Weezer album, which is due out May 7th. The new track, “I Need Some of That,” follows “The End of the Game,” “Hero,” and “Beginning of the End.”
- The White Stripes and The Glitch Mob officially release “Seven Nation Army” remix – it was actually recorded back in 2011 – little late. Third Man Records will be pressing out limited edition vinyl for the song. AND – there’s an exclusive NFT collection, which includes six unique pieces of art.
- K.Flay released the song – “Four letter words”. I was digging around looking for new album info, but didn’t find anything . . . yet.
- Weeknd and Ariana Grande team up for a remix of “Save Your Tears”
- Another team up of H.E.R. and Chris Brown – they did the song “Come Through”
- Another miss from LAST WEEK – an entire album from Paul McCartney was released last Friday. This one is called III Imagined, but it has other artists covering all his songs from the initial III album. You’ve got Beck, St. Vincent, Anderson Paak, and many more artists performing the covers.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.” – Emory Austin