morning babble / Friday 06-04-21
Happy Friday! New hat day too. I was told it was needed, because the other one was looking nasty – sweat marks and all. I’m a hard working man.
I ran – 155 days of running / vlogging.
a-ha recap. I said that I would listen to a-ha’s greatest hits album. It’s 16 tracks – all different, not just “Take on Me” and is called Headlines and Deadlines: The Hits of A-ha. I also said that I would listen to their most recent album called Minor Earth Major Sky and was released back in 2000 . . . but not in the U.S – that took place in 2019. My recap – uh – yeah. A-ha fans feel free to email me – email@example.com – and let me know why I should listen again?
So, my kid has discovered Michael Jackson. In particular, Smooth Criminal. And don’t play him that Alien Ant Farm (2001) stuff . . . gotta be Michael. Watch that video!
New Music Friday:
- You know the song “On the Road Again,” — well, this past week, Alanis Morissette released it singing a duet along with Willie Nelson. She also announced the rescheduled dates of her upcoming tour to celebrate the 25th anniversary of 1995’s Jagged Little Pill. It’s a 35-date world tour that begins August 21st in Austin Texas. She’ll be performing her 1995 album in its entirety, with openers including Garbage, Liz Phair, and Julia Stone.
- Got another new Prince song – “Born to Die”. Yikes. I’ve given it a couple spins. It’s Prince. This is another song off his upcoming album, Welcome 2 America, which is slated for release July 30th.
- They Might Be Giants – classic alternative? – have a new album coming out soon (no date yet) as well as an art book simply titled: BOOK. Today, we got to hear their new song “I Broke My Own Rule” which will be off of this upcoming album. Stay tuned.
- Yo Gotti partnered up DaBaby for a summer fun song called “Drop.” I liked it.
- Big article in the Washington Post about Wolfgang Van Halen – Eddie’s kid. Couple songs of his have already been released but next week – the 11th – the whole album drops. Wolfgang played everything on the album – all him.
- BREAKING & ENTERING – Jeremiah Daly, known better by his TikTok name vaultboy, has a fun, new single out that’s called “everything sucks.” Also, here’s a link to the video. His sound sort of reminded me of the artist, Huey Mack – a rap/pop sound with fun lyrics.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – by Bob Marley