morning babble / Friday 08-27-21
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much. When all else fails – go watch the video!
I tried the new Apple Crisp Macchiato from Starbucks BUT they put it on ice. I didn’t want it on ice. This happened to me a month or two ago with Dunkin. Ordered coffee with cream and sugar – got it on ice. It was hot day. Yesterday, placed the order , but got it on ice. Never said ice. I wasn’t a huge fan of it on ice. In fact, I won’t be doing that again, but I’m thinking the hot one will be good. The problem with the ice is the caramel all dropped to the bottom and didn’t melt into the drink. The ice kept trying to come out the lid too.
I ran – #239 of 5K runs for the year.
I wrote last night – Countdown to 15,000 words – the tally has hit 9,472.
Nevermind baby suing Nirvana – child porn / Nirvana’s surviving members and the estate of Kurt Cobain have been sued by (name withheld), who appeared as a baby on the cover of 1991’s Nevermind. He claims the band violated federal child pornography statutes and argues child sexual exploitation / claims he has suffered “lifelong damages” and says his legal guardians never signed a release “authorizing the use of any images of (name withheld) or of his likeness, and certainly not of commercial child pornography depicting him.” I have no further comment.
And, of course, this past week we lost drummer Charlie Watts of the Rolling Stones. He last performed on stage with the band for the final time back in 2019, although they are touring throughout the fall. Charlie Watts was 80 years old.
New Music Friday:
- Halsey’s 4th album – If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power – Produced by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. First single released “I am not a woman, I’m a God.”
- Gorillaz released a three song EP called Meanwhile. All new songs and each one features different artists. The title track “Meanwhile…,” features Jelani Blackman and reggae legend Barrington Levy.
- Nelly – all out country full album drop today – it’s called Heartland. Nelly released the first single “Lil Bit” with Georgia Florida Line late last year. The second single “High Horse” was released last week. Also, there’s going to be an hour-long special titled “CMT Crossroads: Nelly & Friends,” will premiere on Sept. 1 at 10 p.m. EST on CMT. Nelly will be the first hip-hop artist to ever headline the long-running series, and his episode will have a few surprises in celebration of the 20th anniversary of Country Grammar – his debut album.
- K-Pop band – BTS – remember their song “Butter” – it was played a lot. Well, it was redone with Megan Thee Stallion. It’s okay for the kids in the car. I just feel bad for the true BTS fans that have no idea of Megan Thee Stallion’s personal work. Which don’t get me wrong – I enjoy and am thoroughly amused, but I can just imagine some parent putting that song in and that creating a Pandora playlist from that.
- Donda update – no album still, but last night Kanye West brought out Marilyn Manson and DaBaby during the album’s third public listening party in Chicago. Also, Kanye recreated his 2014 wedding with a mysterious bride, who people are guessing was his former partner Kim Kardashian, who did appear on stage at the end of the event in a wedding gown.
Reminder: I’m doing the 5K run for the St. Jude Walk/Run in Philadelphia on Saturday, September 25th. I’ve joined the team – XTU to the Maxx – which is with Charlie Maxx who you can hear middays on 92.5 XTU. To donate, please click here – anything you can do will be greatly appreciated for this great cause. “St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer”
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“I never weigh myself. But if I put my trousers on and they don’t do up, then I don’t eat until I can.” – by Charlie Watts / Rolling Stones drummer