morning babble / Sunday 08-29-21
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much.
Got the call from Captain Blue Hen Comics – more are in for me. I couldn’t get there yesterday in time. Now, I must wait until Wednesday. They have limited hours during these times. Support your local comic book store!
I ran – #241 of 5K Every Day
Countdown to 15,000 words – Confessions of a Workaholic – I’m over 10,000 words now
Books on a Sunday!
- Keep Going by Austin Kleon – this is the new one that I’ll read. The Phil Collins connection!
- Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon – most recent one that I added to my desk pile
- the War of Art by Steven Pressfield – a favorite go-to to help inspire me along
- Discipline Equals Freedom Field Manual by Jocko Willink – a great one to kick your butt
- Atomic Habits by James Clear – quote of the day – I should read this. Wife’s book.
To donate, please click here – anything you can do will be greatly appreciated for this great cause. “St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer” Reminder: I’m doing the 5K run for the St. Jude Walk/Run in Philadelphia on Saturday, September 25th. I’ve joined the team – XTU to the Maxx – which is with Charlie Maxx who you can hear middays on 92.5 XTU. To donate, please click here – anything you can do will be greatly appreciated for this great cause. “St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer”
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“A recipe for getting more out of what you read: Start more books. Quit most of them. Read the great ones twice.” – by James Clear