morning babble / Friday 09-03-21
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much. When all else fails – go watch the video!
Happy Birthday, Mom! I think this is where she gets all her info on me.
My son, Elliott, was with me all day working and it was great. I kept reaching over an petting him on the head.
I ran #246 of 5K runs for the year – in a row.
New Music Friday:
- Drake’s new album is finally out. Originally scheduled for January . . . there was a delay because of a bum knee. Anyway after teasing the it’s arrival with a SportsCenter spot, Certified Lover Boy is out today – 21 songs, around an hour and a half of music. JAY-Z, Future, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Travis Scott. A whole lotta people. It’s first full-length studio record since 2018’s Scorpion
- Charli XCX came out with a new video and single this past week – “Good Ones” but then if you check out the video, it’s difficult to get the image of her dancing on a coffin.
- Swedish pop icons ABBA have shared two new songs, the previously teased “I Still Have Faith in You” and “Don’t Shut Me Down.” The tracks will be included on Voyage, the band’s first new album since 1981. The record is out November 5.
- Jon Batiste has the Freedia Remix of his song “Freedom”. Totally liking the remix, but it also made me pull up his new album from March – We Are. It’s a nice jazz, funk album. Also, he’s the bandleader on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Possible vinyl for me.
- Sting has announced his 15th solo studio album, The Bridge. Today you can hear the upbeat tune, “If It’s Love.” The 10-track album will be released on November 19. He’s going to turn 70 on my daughter’s birthday – October 2nd.
- AJR has teamed up with Daisy the Great for a new song called “Record Player.” The track is a reworked version of the Daisy tune “The Record Player Song,” which was originally released in 2017 before finding a new life recently on TikTok. It was on TikTok that AJR‘s Jack Met heard the original song, and decided to reach out.
- Lastly, I’ve been wrapping this New Music Friday with Donda updates from Kanye West. Yes – it’s out. 27 songs, nearly 2 hours of music. dozens of guests including Marilyn Manson, Chris Brown, the Weeknd, the late Pop Smoke – lots. I’m still listening. I have noticed that there aren’t many drums and that sticks out to me.
IMPORTANT – Reminder: I’m doing the 5K run for the St. Jude Walk/Run in Philadelphia on Saturday, September 25th. I’ve joined the team – XTU to the Maxx – which is with Charlie Maxx who you can hear middays on 92.5 XTU. To donate, please click here – anything you can do will be greatly appreciated for this great cause. “St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer”
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“A lot of people approach risk as if it’s the enemy when it’s really fortune’s accomplice.” – by Sting