morning babble / Friday 09-10-21
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much. When all else fails – go watch the video!
Where are you Rolling Stone with music reviews? You get like two in this recent issue. However, I am enjoying the Silk Sonic interview with Anderson Paak and Bruno Mars.
I did listen to the Soup Dragons this past week – Love God. Today, I’m going to listen to their
Hotwired – Subsequent albums continued in the band’s own style and in 1992, they enjoyed their biggest US hit with “Divine Thing” which reached No. 26 on the Billboard Hot 100. It also hit No. 3 on the Modern Rock chart and its video was nominated by MTV as one of the year’s best, though beaten by Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit”.[
This Sunday night is the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards – remember that? Still happening, host Doja Cat, Kacey Musgraves, Olivia Rodrigo, Justin Bieber, Shawn Mendes, Foo Fighters, and Jack Harlow. Isn’t that what set off Russell Brand.
I ran – 253 – 5K runs for the year on day #253
And the Evans family gets a new pet tomorrow.
New Music Friday:
- In conjunction with their 30th-anniversary reissue of The Black Album, Metallica are releasing today – The Metallica Blacklist. Benefiting various charities. After months and month of releases, it’s a 53-track, four-hour compilation of different artists covering Black Album songs. Artists include: Phoebe Bridgers, Weezer, St. Vincent, J Balvin, Miley Cyrus, and the Neptunes.
- Several weeks ago, we got “Visiting Hours” from Ed Sheeran. Before that, it was “Bad Habits.” Both off of his upcoming his fifth studio album, = (pronounced equals), to be released on October 29th. Today, we get “Shivers” – that’s a good sounding pop song.
- Via Pitchfork, I read that Kacey Musgraves stated: “I wasn’t going to be a real country artist without at least one divorce under my belt.” She filed for divorce last summer and today has a new album out – Star Crossed. billed as a “tragedy in three parts” – you get 15 tracks.
- Lana Del Rey’s next studio album Blue Banisters will arrive October 22. We also got to hear the LP’s latest single, “Arcadia.” AND – there is a self directed video for it – click here.
- Eddie Vedder – the Pearl Jam frontman – has shared “Long Way,” the first single from his forthcoming solo album Earthling. He hasn’t had a solo album in ten years. I enjoyed the chill sound from Ukulele Songs and this song “Long Way” appears that way too – minus the ukulele sound.
IMPORTANT – Reminder: I’m doing the 5K run for the St. Jude Walk/Run in Philadelphia on Saturday, September 25th. I’ve joined the team – XTU to the Maxx – which is with Charlie Maxx who you can hear middays on 92.5 XTU. To donate, please click here – anything you can do will be greatly appreciated for this great cause. “St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer”
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Music is what our feelings sound like” – by Vera Farmiga