morning babble / Friday 09-24-21
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much. When all else fails – go watch the video!
Friday the 24th – Happy Birthday Day! 82 years young! Whew – the stories you can tell. Going to be having coffee with him shortly.
I ran #267. 99 more runs to go. Here’s a flashback to a video clip from April 9th.
My wife picked on me for playing that one. She said I should have gone with Jay-Z.
New Music Friday:
- 1st up – an ideal Christmas present for Brent. Being reissued is Nirvana’s Nevermind in order to celebrate the album’s 30th anniversary. The new editions are out November 12. The standard reissue will come with a bonus 7″. BUT – The Super Deluxe reissue of Nevermind features 8 LPs and the 7″. Featured across the LPs are the remastered Nevermind, as well as audio from four concerts: Live in Amsterdam, Netherlands (November 25, 1991), Live in Del Mar, California (December 28, 1991), Live in Melbourne, Australia for Triple J (February 1, 1991), and Live in Tokyo (February 19, 1992).
- Since we’re going 90s, do you remember “Steal My Sunshine” by Len. Well, Portugal the Man and Cherry Glazerr redid it. It’s good, but I think I still like the original.
- Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats have a new album coming out on November 5th. It’s called The Future. New song released today is “Love Don’t” – I really like it. The way the lyrics are sung, you experience the feelings.
- New Frank Sinatra? What? Reprise Rarities Volume 5. “Guys and Dolls” with Dean Martin and yes, Frank Sinatra.
- The entire new album from Angels and Airwaves dropped today – it’s called Lifeforms – 10 songs. I think we got like 4 of them already, but now you can hear the rest of the album. Tom DeLonge is the lead singer of this band. He’s a 1/3 of the Blink-182. Travis Barker – drums. And Mark Hoppus. Beat that Cancer!
IMPORTANT – Reminder: I’m doing the 5K run for the St. Jude Walk/Run in Philadelphia on Saturday, September 25th. I’ve joined the team – XTU to the Maxx – which is with Charlie Maxx who you can hear middays on 92.5 XTU. To donate, please click here – anything you can do will be greatly appreciated for this great cause. “St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer”
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not” – by Kurt Cobain