morning babble / Friday 10-15-21
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much. When all else fails – go watch the video!
Officially broke the fast with an IPA beer “Up & Out” from 2SP Brewing Company – Two Stones Pub (I recently posted about their double IPA New England Style beer “Up Up & Away” – holy cow, I still can’t believe it’s a double). I actually had the beer poured in a glass and the food was tacos. But – we had to make the tacos and had all the fixings laid out before us. I was impatient and it was past the 6:10pm mark, so took a swig of the beer. Amazing how much you can sense with that first taste after a 3 Day Fast.
Countdown to 30,000 words – woo – tough week with work and no break is coming yet. We’re hiring. So, I’m still 18,211. I might have to make a decision on this – more on that tomorrow. I’ll explain.
I ran – #288 of the 5K runs for the year.
New Music Friday:
- It’s official: Adele’s first album in six years is out next month. It’s called 30 and its out November 19th. What’s that Johah Hill Scream Meme? Yeah, that one. Adela said that, while 30 is not a divorce album, the album addresses her split from her now ex-husband, partly for her son’s benefit. “I just felt like I wanted to explain to him, through this record, when he’s in his twenties or thirties, who I am and why I voluntarily chose to dismantle his entire life in the pursuit of my own happiness. It made him really unhappy sometimes. And that’s a real wound for me that I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to heal.” First single can now be heard it it’s entirety . . . not a tease anymore. Go listen to “Easy on Me” – all of it. Again, full album next month – November 19th.
- Coldplay – new album – Music of the Spheres is all out. We’ve gotten several singles already but now we get the whole thing with 12 tracks of music. The interesting news from Coldplay is about their world tour. They declined to tour on their previously released album Everyday Life for environmental reasons. So, the band has pledged to cut tour emissions by 50 percent and each show will be powered exclusively by renewable energy. They plan to eliminate “significantly more CO2 than the tour produces” with initiatives including the planting of one tree for each ticket sold. Ten percent of all tour earnings will enter a fund for “environmental and socially conscious causes”
- New Music Brent Favorite – I mentioned before a couple weeks that Elbow will be releasing their ninth studio album, Flying Dream 1, on November 19 2021. We already got “The Seldom Seen Kid” but today we get another single called “Six Words.” I love their sound.
- Another Brent Favorite – Band of Horses have announced that they’re returning with a new album in 2022. January 21st we get it. It’s called – Things Are Great. Today we get the new song “Crutch.” My son’s first concert. He was like 7? Yeah, everyone was looking at us.
- I talked about this Christmas music last week, but back then it was only singles that were released. Today – full album drops from Norah Jones, I Dream Of Christmas. She’s quoted as saying, “I’ve always loved Christmas music but never had the inclination to make a holiday album until now,” Jones said. “Last year I found myself listening to James Brown’s Funky Christmas and Elvis’s Christmas Album on Sundays during lockdown for a sense of comfort. In January 2021, I started thinking about making a Christmas album of my own. It gave me something fun to work on and look forward to. website link “Christmas Calling” was the single previously released, but now you get all 13 holiday tunes.
- And yes, the other one that I talked about was Kelly Clarkson with When Christmas Comes Around. Last week we could hear “Christmas Isn’t Canceled (Just You)” but today we can hear all 15-song collection features Ariana Grande (“Santa Can’t You Hear Me”), Chris Stapleton (“Glow”) and Brett Eldredge (“Under the Mistletoe”). In addition to original cuts, the set will feature covers of classics like “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas,” “Santa Baby” and “Jingle Bell Rock.”
- And next Friday . . . more holiday albums . . . hear they come!
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“The big lesson in life is never be scared of anyone or anything.” – by Frank Sinatra