morning babble / Sunday 11-07-21
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much. When all else fails – go watch the video!
Couple quick things:
- It’s my Mom’s favorite time of the year: Daylight Savings has Ended – In this day and age, our phones all do it for us as well as our computers. But – don’t forget the oven, microwave, clocks with hands on them.
- I have to admit. I’ve been listening to Christmas music BUT – it’s been instrumental. I enjoy knowing these “happy” songs without the lyrics as I work or whatever. I’m not trying to rush anything, but Christmas music to me is Happy music. If I keep listening to my Godsmack or Slipnot, well . . . I can get angry or angrier. By the way, I’m not picking on Slipnot in any way shape or form. MGK (Machine Gun Kelly) learned that the hard way. Picked on Slipnot during a Festival that Slipnot was performing at . . . the audience boo’d him the rest of the way. Don’t mess with Slipnot or for that matter – anything Corey Taylor.
- Lastly, speaking of Christmas, it’s that odd time of year when people who already have their outside Christmas decorations up are either really ambitious or lazy . . . because they’ve been up from last year.
Oh, I ran #311 / Muddy November continues – I didn’t drink the java. Only my Mudwater.
Go get some MUD/WTR – http://fbuy.me/v/bevans11
Books (and Comics!) on a Sunday
Support your local Comic Book Store – mine is Captain Blue Hen Comics who are located in Newark, DE. If you are nearby that area, please go visit them. Check those hours though!
- Leadership in Turbulent Times by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- The Code Breaker by Walter Isaacson (listening to this one) – CRISPR gene editing / Jennifer Doudna / American biochemist
- Cracked open Volume 5 of The Boys by one of my comic favorites Garth Ennis
- Just picked up my Book 5 of Batman Reptilian – also Garth Ennis
- I did finish Scarlett with another one of my favorites, Brian Michael Bendis. I really enjoy the artwork by Alex Maleev
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Twenty years from now you’ll be more disappointed by the things you did not do than the ones you did.” – by Mark Twain via the Twitter account of Mr. Ryan Holiday (Babble G.O.A.T)