morning babble / Friday 11-12-21
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much. When all else fails – go watch the video!
Fast was broken officially with a beer via Big Oyster Brewery and then French onion soup. Dessert – I tried to resist. We just need to get them out of the house.
No Java / All MUD! Muddy November continues. 11 days down. Go get some of your own MUD/WTR – http://fbuy.me/v/bevans11
I ran #316 of 5K runs – in a row!
I get my Booster today. My wife got hers and didn’t move too much last weekend. We’ll see how I’m doing tomorrow. Might get my flu shot too. Bam & Bam!
New Music Friday:
- New Taylor Swift – sort of. It’s her rerecorded album Red (Taylor’s Version). Back in June, she posted to Twitter: “This will be the first time you hear all 30 songs that were meant to go on Red. And hey, one of them is even ten minutes long.” Speaking of which, yes, later today she is dropping a short film for the 10-minute version of her song “All Too Well.” Swifties are convinced it’s about her former boyfriend, Jake Gyllenhaal.
- This made my day yesterday and makes me look forward to 2022 so much. Jack White announced that he’ll be releasing two new albums next year: Fear of the Dawn will be out April 8th. Released already from this album is White’s recent single “Taking Me Back,” which also has a new music video: click here for that. Less than 4 months later, he then releases his 2nd album of the year: Entering Heaven Alive is out July 22. One of the tracks on that album is a collaboration with Q-Tip on the song: “HI-DE-HO.” His record company Third Man Records will be behind these albums and all kinds of specialty vinyl is coming!
- Korn have announced that their 14th studio album – Requiem – will be released next year on Feb 4th. The new album was recently teased on a series of interactive billboards which allowed fans to see its artwork. New single dropped and is called “Start The Healing”
- Adele has previewed another new song titled “Hold On,” the second song from her forthcoming album 30. It appears in a new holiday-themed advertisement for Amazon. So this is just a reminder that the whole album is out next Friday the 19th.
- Brent Music – They Might Be Giants’ new album BOOK is out – all 15 tracks are available like on Spotify OR if you buy the album, you can get it accompanied by a large hardcover lyric book, featuring original art connected to the new batch of songs, as well as selected pieces from their last few releases.
- Holiday Music – Ben Rector came out with “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and added it to his Christmas album that came out from a year ago. So, now instead of 7 holiday tunes from Ben, you get 8. Otherwise, nothing really new out now. All the holiday albums are out for the most part. BUT – what has happened – local radio stations that to their typical flip to all Christmas music have done so. For this area, we got two of them: 99.5 WJBR and B101.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Find a purpose to serve, not a lifestyle to live.” – Criss Jami