morning babble / Sunday 01-02-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much. When all else fails – go watch the video!
You know what I’m grateful for – having a Sunday after New Year’s Day. We all needed this day to put it all back together.
So, here we are again, but I didn’t run today and won’t. The streak will be over.
2022 is bringing something bigger. That’s my plans. I learned from 2021 via this morning babble of a vlog that I was holding myself accountable to a daily 5K runs and I didn’t want to disappoint. I didn’t want to quit. Last year – I counted up towards the goal of 366 days in a row of 5K runs. This year will be a countdown. I want out of what I’m currently doing. I’m not happy and need to change that.
- Morning Babble will continue. Maybe I’m being selfish, but it’s so therapeutic and important to me. I find myself looking forward to reading something good for everyone. Finding an inspiring quote of the day. So, the Babble lives on BUT only Monday through Friday. On the weekends, I plan on working on bigger projects – separate videos. Teaming up with Cecil. Maybe even bringing back Pigskin Gourmet for the umpteenth time.
- I’m going to run this year, but not every day. In fact, I don’t think I’m running at all this week. Instead, I’m going to use the extra time in the morning this week to review some writings, organize some thoughts, and do some actual new writing. Remember, you won’t find the time, you need to MAKE the time.
- What’s the big overall goal? Countdown to Exit Plan. By the end of the year, I don’t want to have to be on the road anymore for my business. I intend to very much be a part of the company and know that I have a lot of work ahead with the ideas that I want and need to implement. But – I want to be doing more and this past year was a hard lesson learned, I hit some lows that I don’t think a lot of people really know that I hit. I missed some events for my kids that really crushed me inside. I don’t like being sent the pictures. I want to be taking the pictures. Like I said, I was unhappy and I’m out to change all that. So, I invite you all along again as I’ll tell my story, my mini milestones on the journey to Morning Babble’s Countdown to Exit Plan.
Some other random goals for the year:
- Finish writing my book! Confessions of a Workaholic
- More readings of my shorts – I call them each: Droplet of Life
- Weekly Newsletter beginning in March
- Guitar Lessons with my daughter
- Monthly 3-Day Fasts – yup, I’m doing it again
- Create my own Journal
- Put together a charity called “Hold my Doll” to help fight for gender equality
- Outside weekend adventures with the family – biking, walking, whatevers. Get outside!
- Breathe and just keep moving it all forward. All while – “Enjoying the Now”
That’s all I’ve got. A lot of work ahead, but it doesn’t have to all be done this week. Again – I’m very excited to be sharing this all with you.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“For all those times we think we can’t, maybe we should try.” – by Simon Sinek