morning babble / Friday 01-21-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
345 days until EXIT PLAN
Before any fun stuff, I have to announce that US singer and actor Meat Loaf has died at the age of 74. Last night, the singer passed away with his wife Deborah at his side. Meat Loaf’s Bat Out of Hell album remains one of the top 10 selling albums of all time.
In other sad news, Adele has postponed her Las Vegas residency due to COVID-related production delays, the singer announced yesterday before her first show was set to kick off. Rumors are creeping up that she won’t tour again. BUT – in her video that she put out yesterday, she is apologizing for the canceling of shows AND she claims she will be back to do the shows. We shall see.
New Music Friday:
- Foo Fighters have released a new song from the Fraggle Rock revival series, which airs on Apple TV+ this weekend. The original show from Jim Henson ran from 1983 to 87 for five seasons. But now, we get the new reboot, Back to the Rock. Click here for their song “Fraggle Rock Rock”.
- Got an old song redone as a new one by Awolnation. It’s a cover of the legendary Scorpions song “Wind of Change” – you also have Brandon Boyd of Incubus and Portugal. The Man singing on it as well. FYI – the original song was released yesterday – 31 years ago. This is the first song from an entire album of covers that will be coming out this May and is called My Echo, My Shadow, My Covers & Me.
- Hippo Campus released their third single from their upcoming album LP3, which comes out February 4. The song is called “Ride or Die” – actually came out a week ago, but the other night they were on the Late Late Show with James Corden – who my daughter would recognize as being Peter Rabbit. Back to Hippo Campus – the song reminds me of a Vampire Weekend song. Very nice chill sound.
- Speaking of Vampire Weekend – Lead singer, Ezra Koenig (that’s apparently how he says his last name) was recently interviewed by Blink 182’s Mark Hoppus. Ezra claims to have enough songs for a new Vampire Weekend album. Then, Do it!
- Full album – Things Are Great – comes out March 4th, but today, we get “Lights” from Seattle band – Band of Horses. I’m looking forward to this one. They are simply a machine for good music. This will be the band’s sixth album. Sneaky rocking, too. I’ve seen them live a couple times and have several of their albums on vinyl. When live – loud and rocking.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Don’t complain. Contribute.” by Simon Sinek