morning babble / Friday 02-25-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Let’s get this all cleaned up – I actually skipped it yesterday. 310 days until EXIT PLAN
This past week we lost Mark Lanegan, who was the front man for Screaming Trees as well as the band Queens of the Stone Age. He also went on to have a tremendous solo career. Saw all the tributes from various artists being sent out – via Eddie Vedder, Foo Fighters.
New Music Friday:
- It’s not new music, but the Foo Fighters do have a horror comedy movie out today – it’s called Studio 666. Visit here for more info. The band plays themselves who are making an album in a haunted house. Apparently, one the guys has sex with a ghost? Guest appearances from comedians Whitney Cummings and Will Forte as well as a cameo from Lionel Richie.
- Kanye West’s Donda 2 will only be exclusively available via his own platform after apparently turning down a $100 million deal from Apple. Initially, West had announced that Donda 2 would arrive on February 22, but it of course was delayed. However, as of last night, 16 tracks are available to download which includes collaborations with Migos, Travis Scott, Future, Jack Harlow, and Alicia Keys. Again, only on West’s platform Stem Player.
- Florence and the Machine have released a new single called “King” – produced by the hitmaker Jack Antonoff. The song arrives with a new music video – click here for that.
- Avril Lavigne, returns with Love Sux. It’s her first album since 2019 and appears to be a pivot back to her pop-punk times. Single being pushed today is “Bois Lie” which features Machine Gun Kelly.
- After 17 years, Tears for Fears is releasing a new album. You won’t hear “Everybody Wants to Rule The World” / “Shout” / or “Sowing The Seeds of Love”. It’s an album of new music – 10 tracks. They buried the hatchet and did it. The album is called The Tipping Point.
- Awolnation along with Rise Against released the cover of “Beds are Burning” from Australian rocker, Midnight Oil. This is the 2nd release from an entire album of covers that will come out this May from Awolnation & is called My Echo, My Shadow, My Covers & Me.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
When asked for his definition of paradise, Johnny Cash replied, “This morning, with her, having coffee.”