morning babble / Friday 03-25-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Meatless March continues – one week until bacon.
My 49th birthday is Sunday – don’t forget – and 282 days until EXIT PLAN
New Music Friday:
- First up – Machine Gun Kelly delivers his 6th overall album, but second “rock” album, which is being called: Mainstream Sellout. Have you seen the cover for it? The album will feature guest appearances from Bring Me the Horizon, Lil Wayne, Pete Davidson, blackbear, Willow, Young Thug, and more. Plus, he had Blink 182’s Travis Barker helping out along the way. His first “rock” album: Tickets to My Downfall hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 – I’m not going to bet against him, but I will still giggle at the cover art.
- Michael Buble’s 11th studio album – Higher – is out today. It’s a mix of classic songs and original tunes. Buble covers the songs of Barry White, Bob Dylan, Sam Cooke, and Paul McCartney. He does have that video out too (it’s been out) – “I’ll Never Not Love You”. It’s of Buble and his wife portraying different scenes from recreated famous scenes from classic romance movies, from Love, Actually to Titanic. But the video also featured a nod to Taylor Swift’s “All Too Well (10 Minute Version)” short film. As reported on by People’s Jeff Nelson: “Bublé says of his decision to reference Swift’s video. “Once a Swiftie, always a Swiftie!” Did you see that clip of The Princess Bride? As you wish!
- Speaking of Taylor Swift, her voice can be heard within the new trailer for “Where the Crawdads Sing” – it’s a new song called “Carolina”. Did you hear it? Don’t know when we’ll get it all, but it’s obviously done. The movie is to be released on July 22nd, so we know it’s before then.
- Harry Styles, the former One Direction singer, has announced a new album: Harry’s House. Arriving May 20th, this is Harry’s third solo record and will span 13 songs. Good looking dude. Later this year, Styles is headlining some little show in a little city in Riverside County, California. It’s called the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
- Lastly, this past Sunday on the first day of Spring, Weezer did release their 1st of 4 albums this year. Titled – SZNS. 7 songs, just over 20 minutes. Don’t blink, but it’s still Weezer.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“The most boring thing in the world? Silence.” – by Justin Timberlake – yeah, JT – you’ll always be my favorite boy band boy wonder!