morning babble / Friday 04-22-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Day started good – warm pants
254 days until EXIT PLAN
Music News – To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Wilco have announced multiple deluxe reissue editions of the landmark 2002 album featuring previously unreleased recordings. They’re all due out September 16th. The super deluxe edition is available as an 11xLP (plus single-CD) box set or an 8xCD collection. It includes 82 previously unreleased tracks and a book with new liner notes from Bob Mehr and interviews with Jeff Tweedy, Glenn Kotche, and Jim O’Rourke. It also includes photos chronicling the album’s creation.
New Music Friday:
- The Fratellis – Half Drunk Under a Full Moon Digital Deluxe Edition. I played their song “Six Days in June” – 372 times last year. I’m telling you it feels like my theme music for Morning Babble, but nobody gets to hear it. According to Spotify, I was in the top 0.0005% of their listeners for 2021. Yo – Fratellis – send some love this way.
- Megan Thee Stallion dropped a new song today – “Plan B”. She scares me. She sings how she’s “Popping Plan Bs ’cause I don’t plan to be stuck with ya.”
- Kendrick Lamar: new album’s title & release date: Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers May 13th
- Emmaline – New single dropped today – it’s one of her favorite songs and a tribute to Mac Miller – “Objects in the Mirror.” I saw her in Philly a couple months ago – incredible sound and show. Go to her!
- Radiohead – well, 2/5ths? Thom Yorke, Jonny Greenwood, and Tom Skinner have revealed details of their first album as the Smile. It’s called A Light for Attracting Attention and it’s out May 13. Thom Yorke, Jonny Greenwood, and Tom Skinner have revealed details of their first album as the Smile. It’s called A Light for Attracting Attention and it’s out May 13. The Smile has released four singles, including “You Will Never Work in Television Again”, and premiered a fifth single Wednesday, “Free in the Knowledge,” with the announcement. Digital copies of the group’s 13-track album will be available May 13 and physical copies go on sale June 17.
- BTS announced they’re coming out with a new album on June 10. Looks like we’ll have to wait until then for the song of the summer
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“We all get distracted, the question is, would you bounce back or bounce backwards?” – by Kendrick Lamar