morning babble / Friday 05-27-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Yesterday – I made a memory. That’s what life is all about – Making Memories – and I believe I succeeded yesterday. I was mystery reader for my daughter’s class. The look on her face and then the embracing hug immediately afterwards – I know that I’ll forever have.
219 days until EXIT PLAN
LoCARB & MEATY MAY still happening and still feeling really good. My +/- with poundage for the month is now at -13.8 lbs since May 1st. On Sunday, I’ll do the Bring Sally Up Push-up Challenge on Sunday – update that on Monday. I’m at 18 up.
New Music Friday:
- I got really excited this morning. Spotify creates a “Release Radar” that pulls new music which is related to what you are listening to. They always have a picture to go with that playlist. I saw Run the Jewels and was psyched. But – it’s not really all that new – it’s a remix from Phil Spectro (I know who Phil Spector is – not that guy) – again Phil Spectro. He redid the Run the Jewels song – “Nobody Speak.” It’s fine. I mean, it’s good. I do like the original – it’s one that I have run to a lot, so that one is embedded into my head.
- M.I.A. came out of hiding? Sorry. But – she is back with a new single called “One.” In an interview with Apple Music 1’s Zane Lowe of the new track. “I’d got to a place that was really happy. I did want to make that nice, happy record.” So, maybe some happy music from M.I.A. – as to when we get the whole album – not sure, but it is called MATA.
- So, last night at midnight – Blackbear along with Machine Gun Kelly released a new video for their song – “gfy”. Some people will think that stands for “good for you” – it doesn’t. Catchy song that you don’t want your 6-year-old to be singing along to – so, you’ve been warned. Funny video and naughty – click here for that.
- JD McPherson (Sock Hop? or Rock Hop?) has digitally released a cover song for each month this year. Today he adds to that list with a cover of Irma Thomas’ “It’s Raining.” He’s got 5 songs in all and digitally he calls them The Warm Covers EP, Vol 2 but a physical edition of The Warm Covers including additional bonus tracks is planned for release sometime in 2023. This summer, J.D. is touring with Robert Plant & Alison Krauss – and that would be an awesome show to see.
- By the way – I’m still listening to Harry’s House from Harry Styles came out last week – that’s a good album. Also, still enjoying Kendrick Lamar‘s latest which came out 2 weeks ago. Not sure what from this week is going to stick like those, but we shall see.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“I trust no one who hasn’t time for music.” – by Jack White – His second album of 2022, Entering Heaven Alive – comes out July 22nd