morning babble / Friday 06-24-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Yeah – today arrived. Bad day yesterday . . . not “Feds invaded my house in the morning bad”, but I was looking forward to the end.
Wings, Beer, Pizza, last episode of Obi-Wan. Last week, I mentioned that there are 10 episodes. I was so wrong. I was looking up something last Friday and read that, but it was an article about the filming and they were thinking it would be 10, but it’s not – just 6. I’ll take what I can get though.
Click here to read my short Empire (as in Strikes Back)
Joe read Empire / My mom – nope!
My dad laughed nervously beside her.
You both are in Empire.
191 days until EXIT PLAN
New Music Friday:
- After being teased for the past several months, the wait is finally over. Taylor Swift dropped the full original song that she wrote for the film: Where the Crawdads Sing. By the way, the movie is out today. We knew the song was coming because 1) we heard bits of the song within the trailer and 2) Taylor teased us on social media. Not making fun – she’s just good at that. If she didn’t want to sing anymore, maybe she could help out the Babble.
- Last week, I talked about her, but we didn’t have anything new officially OUT. Now, we’ve got something. I’m talking about Beyoncé. Recently, she announced that her next NEW album will be called Renaissance and is out July 29th. 16 tracks and the record includes the subtitle of “Act I.” ANYWAY – we can now listen to one of the new songs: “Break My Soul”
- Lil Nas X . . . angry. Just released a new single, “Late To Da Party” – you see BET Awards revealed their nominations and Lil Nas X received none. And that’s uncalled for because he’s talented and deserving. There’s some pointed commentary directed towards BET within the song – no kids in the backseat kind of song and that’s all good. By the way, the BET Awards conveniently airs this Sunday and are, of course, late to the party or as the song goes “Late To Da Party.”
- Dove Cameron released a follow up to her song “Boyfriend”. This one is called “Breakfast.” Within the chorus, ‘I eat boys like you for breakfast / One by one, hung on my necklace / And they’ll always be mine / It makes me feel alive.” If she asks about hanging out . . . uh, no – no, I don’t. I heard your new song, appreciate your honesty, I like the sound of it, but no hanging out.
- Lastly, Eminem and Snoop Dogg have joined forces for what is being tagged as a bicoastal new song, “From the D 2 the LBC.” We also get a video along with it and within the video Em and Snoop switch between live footage of the rappers and an animated world where they transform into Bored Ape-looking avatars. Click here for the video.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Use the weekend to build the life you want instead of trying to escape the life you have.” – by Jay Shetty