morning babble / Friday 07-22-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
I won’t lie . . . I’m bummed. I didn’t get the new Jack White album – Entering Heaven Alive -on vinyl prior to the digital release today. I told you that I was spoiled before with his first album – Fear of the Dawn – it arrived on the Tuesday before.
163 days until EXIT PLAN
Via Morning Brew – daily email I receive – I learned that Queen just became the first musical act to sell 7 million copies of an individual album in the UK. That record, the band’s first Greatest Hits collection released in 1981, is now owned by one in every four UK households. This is the album that includes “Another One Bites the Dust,” “Don’t Stop Me Now,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” and “We Are the Champions.”
New Music Friday:
- New Jack White – full album drop of Entering Heaven Alive. Over 40 minutes of new tunes, spread out over 11 tracks. We already got earlier singles from this album: “If I Die Tomorrow”, “Love Is Selfish” and “Queen of the Bees”. And again, this is his 2nd album of 2022 – Fear of the Dawn being the first.
- Beyoncé’s new album isn’t out until next Friday (July 29th), but things are slowly leaking out like the track list of her 16 songs. But also the album cover which features her sitting on top of a silver horse. She’s wearing silver spikes, silver heels . . . well here it is. (Picture) So again, next Friday, new Beyonce album called Renaissance – where we can hear new songs like “America Has a Problem,” “Alien Superstar,” and “Thique.”
- This one snuck up on me and it shouldn’t have – new Ben Harper and it’s a whole album release, Bloodline Maintenance. We already got the new song, “We Need To Talk About It.” The new song I heard today was “Need to Know Basis” – I enjoyed it and dug a little deeper. New Album. That’s on my playlist for today.
- Billie Eilish has released two new songs: “TV” and “The 30th.” Pitchfork’s Mathew Strauss was writing about this 2-pack of songs and highlighted where: Eilish sings, ‘The internet’s gone wild watching movie stars on trial/While they’re overturning Roe v. Wade.’
- 7th Studio Album from Slipknot has been announced: The End, So Far. We’ll get the full album on September 30th. The band has also shared a new single called “The Dying Song (Time to Sing)” and there’s a video – a scary one.
- Last night, Megan Thee Stallion along with Future released a naughty, fun song called “Pressurelicious.” Both artists are heard celebrating strong and confident women from two different perspectives — Megan as the woman and Future as a loving and supportive partner.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Maybe we should all just listen to records and quit our jobs” – by Jack White