morning babble / Friday 08-26-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
I have my son with me again to help me at work. Actually, I have to get out of here for some blood work and then work. Probably treat us to some Dunkin afterwards. They stressed that I had to fast for 12 hours and can I do that. Yes. Yes, I can.
I think I’m finally going to make my fall transition from Butter Pecan swirl to the Pumpkin swirl at Dunkin. Years ago, when I visited this one particular Dunkin that was up the street from where we used to live, I got the XL coffee with Pumkin swirl and cream – a lot. So much so, that one day in January, I was presented a jug of the swirl. The staff was so excited to present it to me, but I politely passed on it. I want them to make it for me.
128 days until EXIT PLAN
New Music Friday:
- We got another new track from that Mumford & Sons guy . . . Marcus. Mr. Mumford shared a new track from his upcoming solo debut. “Better Off High” is the 3rd track release. We already got “Cannibal” and “Grace.” Full self-titled album drops on September 16th.
- This past Monday, Ayron Jones proclaimed his excitment over the upcoming release of his new single. Today, we got “Filthy” . . . that song he was pumped over. Rightfully so. I’m psyched because I loved his album – Child of the State – which was just released last year. I don’t want to be greedy, but I’ll take some more. No news on a whole new album drop in the future, but a new single is always a good start. Keep going Ayron and happy belated birthday. He turned 36 this past Tuesday. (August 23)
- The big album release today has to be from DJ Khaled with his 13th studio album: GOD DID. Nearly an hour of music spread out over 18 new songs. All kinds of stars are on it too. You ready? Drake, Kanye, Future, SZA, John Legend – it’s a lot. I hearted that one and will give that a spin on the road today. My son, Elliott is with me too . . . he’s up for it.
- Another album that I’m going to throw out there that I save to listen to is the combo effort from Roc Marciano & The Alchemist and their album: The Elephant Man’s Bones
- Lastly, for all you rockers: Muse: Will of the People
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Stop waiting for Friday. For summer. For someone to fall in love with you. For life. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make the most of the moment you are in now.” – by Mel Robbins