morning babble / Friday 09-23-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
The other night, my family and I went out to a local brewer, Twisted Iron, and it was Music Video Bingo night. Videos from today, the 90s, the 80s, the 70s. The Rolling Stones were played with Satisfaction” and Mick Jagger came onto the screen. My daughter, Violet, promptly asked “Is that Luke Skywalker?” Movie Making Magic.
100 days until EXIT PLAN
New Music Friday:
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
- As mentioned yesterday, the new SZNZ album – Autumn is out from Weezer. Nearly 25 minutes of new music over 7 songs – unless you get the vinyl. Then, you get an unreleased song. The album has a dance-rock sound to it. The single being played out now is “What happens after you?” One more SZNZ album on December 21st. By the way, Weezer and I are in the same state today. They play tonight in Dover, Delaware at the Firefly Music Festival. I’m not jealous of the people who are there – not at all. Green Day on Saturday – okay, maybe just a little.
- Next month, we get the 2nd album of 2022 from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It’s called Return of the Dream Canteen – officially on October 14th. Today, we though get the 2nd song release from the album and it’s called “Eddie” which reflects on the late guitarist Eddie Van Halen and gives off a nod towards David Lee Roth. Ever since the Chilis got back their guitarist, John Frusciante, they have truly gotten inspired. Great sounds coming out of this band.
- One of my favorites – Ben Rector – released a single today called “Wonderful World.” Not sure if this is the beginnings of a whole new album, but it’s definitely a new song. Ben teased out a video coming on Twitter, but I couldn’t find it on YouTube this morning. So, I’ll simply play out the tease that he sent on Twitter. (play clip) – You’ve got to give me more than 6 seconds.
- Full album drop today from another one of my favorites: Eve 6. This is the first full-length record in 10 years and is called Hyper Relevisation. 30 minutes over 10 new songs. They’ve already pretty much released the majority of the album, but I’ll take it all.
- More music I like – Awolnation – they released a new single today called ‘Freaking Me Out’. I searched and searched for details on a new album but didn’t find anything . . . today. I’ll keep looking.
- And finally . . . new Shania Twain – her first single since 2017 – that’s 5 years – the song is called “Waking up Dreaming”. And there’s a video. (clip) Nice eye lashes. No news on a full album but she did just sign with her new label partner Republic Nashville, which is a division of Republic Records. So, I anticipate something bigger on the horizon.
- Next month – October is a big month: Arctic Monkeys / The 1975 / Red Hot Chili Peppers / and some woman by the name of Taylor Swift
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
Lastly, I’m running this weekend! On Sunday the 25th for Team NCCL – little school in Newark, DE. The race is the Faithful Friends 5k Run at Bellevue State Park
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“I am able to accept criticism because I am my biggest critic” – by Jalen Hurts