morning babble / Friday 10-07-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Lying is getting to me.
86 days until EXIT PLAN
New Music Friday:
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
Slim pickings on the new music front. Not too much in my playlist.
- It’s now only two weeks until Midnights’ release day on October 21st. I’m talking about the new album from Taylor Swift. All is quiet though on any singles being released right now. All we do know is that there are 13 tracks and their names – I won’t go through them – you can Google that. She was slowing releasing them on social media and explaining some of the stories behind the songs too.
- Via Jazz Monroe of Pitchfork, Depeche Mode have announced a new album coming out next spring and it’s called: Memento Mori. This will be the first new music since the band lost founding member Andy “Fletch” Fletcher. No actual single released yet, but with the band going on tour beginning in March . . . the music has to be coming soon.
- New Williow album – this one got some high praise from Rolling Stone, too. We’ve already heard several of these songs: “Maybe It’s My – fault” / “curious/furious” / “hover like a goddess” / Today though, we officially get all 11 of them packaged together – not even 30 minutes of tunage though. However, it’s good. Nice rock sound happening – lots of guitar. Oh – name of the album is Coping Mechanism
- Royal & the Serpent (Ryan Santiago) has been releasing a track and video each week as (via Yahoo entertainment) “a part of a project dubbed happiness is an inside job, an effort that will allow listeners to join her in pursuit of happiness.” We already got Chapter 1: “IM FINE” followed by last week’s “Death of Me” aka Chapter 2. So, today, we get Chapter 3 with “Love Abuser (Save Me)”. Click here for the video.
- Charlie Puth has a new album out today creatively called Charlie. 12 songs, just over 30 minutes of new Charlie.
Sammy was the other name my Pop-pop used to cover with forgetting names.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“I don’t have talent, so I just get up earlier.” – by Henry Rollins