morning babble / Friday 11-11-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Happy Friday – little slow start for me to the weekend this morning. I wanted to run, but the body said “no.” I think it’s just a weather issue with being so warm again. The body doesn’t know if we want to do the allergy season again or not. “Do we want to make him miserable again?” Please don’t. Cold air is arriving throughout the weekend – so, I believe I’m good.
3-Day Fast concluded with Pizza and Wings along with a couple beverages of beer. I was hoping for Tacos / hoping for a charcuterie board, BUT the family had other ideas, plus the kids had off today for parent/teacher conferences . . .so, we did our typical watching of our TV shows in the basement – we’ve been watching the Star Wars series “Andor” as well as “The Mysterious Benedict Society” – Season 2 for that one. Big Disney Plus Family here.
51 days until EXIT PLAN – more on that next week – I promise – Wednesday, I’ll update
Before the new music, I really do try to catch everything that I can. Sometimes, I miss really good ones like The Pretty Reckless with their recent album Other Worlds. Remember lead singer Taylor Momsen is all grown up from what she used to do as a kid. (play clip) – Yes, she was Cindy Lou Who in the film How the Grinch Stole Christmas – the one with Jim Carrey. Always surprises people because this is her today (play clip). All grown up.
I thought I missed out on a whole new Christmas album from an old-time rocker. I was shocked, but then I noticed the year 2021. I really missed this one. Billy Idol.
New Music Friday:
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
- In theaters today, we can see Marvel’s Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. Couple weeks ago, we got to hear Rihanna’s first solo single in six years and it was via the Black Panther sequel’s soundtrack. That song was called “Lift Me Up.” We get to hear another new one that is off the same soundtrack which is out in its entirety today. This one is called: “Born Again.” (Clip) Remember, Rihanna is the halftime entertainment at the next Super Bowl.
- I talked about this one a couple weeks ago – I think the same day as Rihanna. It’s one of my favorites – it’s Run the Jewels. Not a truly brand spanking new album, but nevertheless, a new one. Their 4th album RTJ4 has been remixed entirely by Latin artists and will be called RTJ Cu4tro – all songs have been remixed along with new versions of the tracks. AND – I’m all in. Run The Jewels – Ooh La La (Mexican Institute of Sound Remix feat. Santa Fe Klan)
- Here’s a couple albums that you just should listen to because who the artists are: Coming back with his third installment of the King’s Disease albums is Nas with King’s Disease III. You actually get the one-two punch of Nas and Hit-Boy who many have viewed as being the premier rapper-producer combo in the entire rap game. And then one of the songs on the album is “Michael and Quincy” which is a nod to one of the all-time greatest artist-producer combinations of all time, Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones. (Here’s the song). Nas and Hit-Boy have linked up for their fourth full-length release in two years. Big album too – 17 songs over 50 minutes. Again – King’s Disease III
- The other one is from the Boss – Bruce Springsteen dropped his latest with Only the Strong Survive. This past Wednesday, he announced he will have a short residency on “The Tonight Show” with Jimmy Fallon to showcase songs from his 21st studio album, Only the Strong Survive. Springsteen’s four-night stand on “The Tonight Show” starts Monday and then returns for the show’s Nov. 15, Nov. 16 and Nov. 24 episodes. Another big album – 15 songs over 50 minutes. The “old timers” know how to crank them out.
- And Finally – Christmas Music! Sorry, but our new Christmas tree arrives tomorrow – around 1000 LED lights, can do all kinds of tricks with them. Will it go up? I’m not sure yet. I certainly know that I don’t have room in the storage area right now for a big box like that. Soooooo – we’ll see. Anyway – new Christmas music from Devon Gilfillian. He released “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” – I think that’s it too – no whole album or anything. He’s touring right now, so this is probably one to throw into the mix along with “The Christmas Song” and “Winter Wonderland”, which he recorded a couple years ago.
Will the tree go up?
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“If your world doesn’t allow you to dream, move to one where you can.” by Billy Idol