morning babble / Friday 11-25-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
I ran – yesterday – before the turkey. Not today. Too much Angel’s Envy American Whiskey yesterday. Little slow this morning. I did write yesterday . . . prior to the Turkey which was so smart. Got home and it was straight to bed.
37 days until EXIT PLAN
New Music Friday:
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
- New Taylor Swift? Well, sort of – today via the streaming services, you can hear the acoustic version of “Anti-Hero”. It was available a couple weeks ago for purchase from her website along with a couple other “Anti-Hero” versions. The acoustic one is what I’ve heard and it’s very well done, because she’s talented. I don’t think there’s an entire acoustic album coming out, but I wouldn’t put it past her. Give it a couple hours and check back.
- New Soup Dragons? Not really. Old stuff that has been dug up and labeled as The Soup Dragons – Raw TV Products – Singles & Rarities 1985-88. The Soup Dragons earliest recordings and BBC sessions remastered by frontman Sean Dickson. Now, HiFi Sean – that’s what he goes by, I’m still wondering why Hydrophonic, which is the fourth and final studio album from The Soup Dragons, is MIA from the streaming services. I have the CD somewhere in a Rubbermaid bin that’s stacked away in the storage area, but I want it on Spotify or Apple Music. I did find the song that I liked from that album which is called “All Messed Up.” (play clip) At the beginning of the babble, I played a clip of their song “Everlasting” from the Hotwired album. Everybody knows “I’m Free” and I’m a fan, too. Just wanted to introduce some of the other sounds of The Soup Dragons.
- Machine Gun Kelly is rapping again on his latest single, “Taurus.” This past Wednesday he premiered the new video for the song. (Play clip) By the way, this is the title track of his latest semi-autobiographical film of the same name – Taurus, which you can see via YouTube Movies, Apple TV, and On-Demand. MGK plays Cole Taurus, a troubled rock star searching for inspiration to record his next big song while battling drug addiction and fame. The film also co-stars his girlfriend, actress Megan Fox.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers released two new double LPs this past year – not enough? Well, the band has released “The Shape I’m Takin'” which isn’t actually an entirely new song; it was previously a bonus track exclusive to the Japanese edition of October’s 2nd album of the year Return of the Dream Canteen. Today, we can listen and enjoy that tune.
- It’s the weekend – people like to get out and dance. Actually, a whole lot of class reunions are going on this weekend. Not mine. Others and good luck to you all. Anyway, several months ago (like August), I talked about the song “PDA” from Franky. Today, she released along with Jack Wins “Have It All”. (play clip) I’d show you how I’d dance to it, but I look forward to gaining followers, not losing them.
- HOLIDAY MUSIC – This was released a year ago, but I think deserves more attention – Jamie Cullum’s The Pianoman at Christmas (The Complete Edition) is perfect for this upcoming winter holiday – 30 songs / 1 hour and 45 minutes of holiday tunage – add some jazzy sounds to your holidays.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Make sure you stay in touch with beauty instead of letting the ugliness of the world corrupt your soul” by John Frusciante