morning babble / Friday 02-10-23
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Happy Friday / Super Bowl Weekend is upon us too!
This was one of my toughest 3-Day Fasts in a long time, because I wasn’t feeling too well. Nothing extreme, but definitely not 100%. Each day, there were definitely moments in time where I seriously contemplated bailing on the fast. I’ve had these moments before with past fasts, but not on each day and not so often on each day. I did it though – enjoyed a breakfast dinner at the end of it all. Since pancakes were involved with syrup, that’s sort of like a dessert breakfast too. I had bacon!
After a 3-Day Fast, I’m not a big fan of my coffee being black. That’s how I normally drink it – all the time. That’s how I can get the true taste of the coffee bean or flavor that’s within it. But – after a fast, no desire. I add sugar and cream. The feeling will go away in a day or so, but I do find it interesting.
Speaking of coffee, you can go to Starbucks and order a “Lavendar Haze” from the secret menu – it was created by a Swiftie. “Lavender Haze” is a single from last October’s album – Midnights. but this past week, Miss Taylor Swift released the video for this song (clip). If you want to order that as well, visit my website and it’s there. By the way, Taylor’s own go-to drink, which is known as “Taylor’s Version.” It’s a grande nonfat caramel latte.
How to order a “Lavendar Haze” (the recip) – To try one for yourself, all you have to do is order a venti passion fruit tea with soy milk and six pumps of vanilla for a sweet, fruity, creamy tea. If you want to kick it up a notch, you can also add berries or strawberries.
New Music Friday:
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
- Beck’s most recent album was his 14th called ‘Hyperspace’ and that came out 4 years ago this month (2019). Since then, he’s done a couple songs with the cartoon band – The Gorillaz and some cover songs. One was Paul McCarney’s “Find My Way.” The other was last year when Beck shared a cover Neil Young’s ‘Old Man’ for a Sunday Night Football commercial, which apparently made Mr. Young, a Grumpy Old Man. (clip) Today, we do get another from the 8-time Grammy winner (1/3 of Beyonce). Today, we get the song “Thinking about You” which is an acoustic ballad with him crooning about an absent loved one (clip). Chilled-out Beck along the lines of Morning Phase / not Odelay and that’s okay. Both Beck styles – I love.
- There was another full moon this past Sunday which meant another new song from Peter Gabriel as he slowly releases out his album, i/o. The song to drop . . . well again last Sunday when the full moon was here . . . is called “The Court”. (clip) He says, “I’m an old drummer; I still love to find a groove.” I believe he did. I’m really intrigued with how he is building towards the full release of this album with a new song for every new full moon – along the lines of what Weezer did last year with an album for every Season. I’m also fascinated with the details Gabriel goes into with his interviews with the music. (clip) Mr. Peter Gabriel – making me look forward to that next full moon, when we get another song.
- Since lead singer Chester Bennington’s death in 2017, Linkin Park has technically been on hiatus. However, they did reissue their debut album, Hybrid Theory, Then, last year they released a deluxe version of 2007’s Minutes To Midnight. And today, we get an unreleased song “Lost” (clip) Now, in the past, Mike Shinoda spoke about a possible Linkin Park reunion (back in April 2022 via Twitch) “The only Linkin Park news I have for you is that… Yeah, we talk every few weeks — I talk to the guys, or some of the guys. And there’s no tours, there’s no music, there’s no albums in the pipeline. Okay, so let me just tell you that. So just keep in your minds that that is not happening.” He continued: “I’m just gonna say that much for now. I say that because anytime the band says anything or does anything, everyone tries to start up the hype train, and we’re like, ‘No, no, no, no. Don’t start up the hype train.’ You’re gonna disappoint yourself. Don’t do that.” I’m still a little excited. Fingers crossed for even more music from Linkin Park. In the meantime, enjoy the new song “Lost.”
- Other new music out today: Yo La Tengo / You Me At Six / Paramore / Where are the new songs from Rihanna? I really thought we would get some more with her doing the half time show of the Super Bowl. I guess just doing that show could keep you busy.
- Here’s something interesting, back in 2005, a 9-year old boy picked Andy Reid’s Philadelphia Eagles to win the Super Bowl through his local paper. That little boy – Patrick Maholmes. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not jinxing anything. Although, if a Chiefs fan really did put a Chiefs jersey on the Rocky statue . . . enjoy that game everyone.
Thank you to Spotify, Rolling Stone, Apple Music, uDiscoverMusic, Pitchfork & I know there’s more.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Knowing when to leave may be the smartest thing anyone can learn.” – by Burt Bacharach