morning babble / Friday 11-03-23
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Guy Mitchell “Rock-A-Billy”
What? It could be Christmas music. / Oh wait . . . we got that coming too.
Cher – “DJ Play A Christmas Song”
Morning Babble Intro
Happy Weekend! We’ll get to New Music Friday shortly.
But let’s talk about Cher – she does have a new Christmas album out – it actually came out a couple weeks ago and is called Christmas – that’s it. Nearly 40 minutes of new music over 13 songs – both covers and originals. But when you say Cher to me? (clip) My little boy head still goes to my real first-time experience with Cher (clip) I think we all know what’s coming – leather jacket, fishnet stockings, a thong, tattooed booty (clip) I guess I wasn’t a little boy but I was only a sophomore in high school. I couldn’t handle that. Probably still can’t handle that. If I Could Turn Back Time – Cher. (clip)
New Music Friday:
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
- Courtesy of AI, the Beatles have finally unveiled their final song – about time, huh. The track is centered around the vocals of John Lennon. Back in 1994, George, Paul, and Ringo worked on this vocal track that was found. However, since the audio quality was very negative, the track was shelved. (clip) OR – AI to the rescue – it better enhanced Lennon’s voice and they finished it. This is “Now and Then” (clip)
- Emmaline – This lady I have seen several times in Philly at the South Jazz Kitchen. She’s actually there this upcoming weekend on Fri, Sat, & Sun. Always puts on a wonderful show. She recently dropped a new song and video. By the way, I was reading the comments made about this video on YouTube and this one made me laugh “DAMN! This woman can sing the phone book and it would be cool AF” – The guy is right. This is Emmaline with “Cozy November.” (clip)
- Got another band here that I saw in Philadelphia who put on a show filled with non-stop energy and fun – Fitz and the Tantrums (clip) – they’ve got a holiday album coming out next Friday (11/10) called: Perfect Holiday. Today we get “Give Love This Year.” (clip)
- On Friday, December 1st, we’re getting a follow-up to last year’s Philadelphia Eagles Holiday Album – A Philly Special Christmas. This year its called: A Philly Special Christmas Special. Two specials are in that new title. Again though, it does go for a great cause and benefits Children’s Crisis Treatment Center and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Preorders are underway – now. I’ll provide the link: Click here! In the meantime, we do have the album’s first release. Jordan Mailata is on lead vocals with Lane Johnson and Jason Kelce being his elf helpers on background vocals. I think we all know this Mariah Carey song too (clip)
- Several quick hits of new music: Olivia Rodrigo shares a new Hunger Games song “Can’t Catch Me Now” – movie is out in 2 weeks // I really like this one from Megan Thee Stallion where she raps about mental health. The new song is called “Cobra” // Today, Cold War Kids have dropped in its entirety their 10th studio album called: Cold War Kids // Kid Cudi got Travis Scott and Pharrell to play sing along on his new song “At The Party” //
Thank you to Spotify, Rolling Stone, Apple Music, uDiscoverMusic, Pigeons & Planes, Pitchfork, Louder, Dan Deluca of the Philly Inquirer & I know there’s more.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Until you’re ready to look foolish, you’ll never have the possibility of being great.” – by Cher