Third meal in and already I had no idea of what to choose for din-din. All my saved up recipes were not intriguing my significant other either, so I asked what upcoming meals that she had in mind. She mentioned this one and all I had to hear was Bacon. I’m in! Like the other challenges, simply click on the recipe title for the link of what was borrowed (adapted?). As always, I’ll lay out what we followed as well as a couple changes that were made along the way.
Meal prep music provided by Pandora and their 60s Oldies Radio. “Son of the Preacher Man” led it off – perfect.
The Line-up (Ingredients)
5 crispy bacon strips cooked
3 oz fresh spinach
1 large garlic clove
1 tbsp oil for cooking
16 oz whole baby bella mushrooms try to pick out larger mushrooms
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 cup Italian cheese mix
Fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 cup Italian cheese mix for topping
2 crispy bacon strips crumbled, for topping
Game Plan (Instructions)
1) Preheat the oven to 350.
2) Wash mushrooms and remove any stems. Toss mushrooms lightly in olive oil and then set aside.
3) Preheat a small cooking pan and 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat.
4) Chop spinach and add it to the pan. Cook covered over medium heat until almost cooked. Mince garlic and add it to spinach. Dice bacon strips and add it to spinach as well. Mix well and cook until spinach is done. Take off heat.
5) In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, bread crumbs, cheese mix, egg, salt and pepper. Mix very well until all combined.
6) Add spinach and bacon to the cheese mixture. Keep it going until it’s evenly mixed.
7) Place mushroom cups into a baking dish. Carefully fill mushroom cups with cheese mixture pressing down lightly to squeeze in a little more.
8) Sprinkle each stuffed mushroom with a little bit of cheese and bacon.
9) Bake about 17-20 minutes.
I was happy with the outcome of this meal. The kids (age 11 & 4) were not the biggest fans and simply split one of the mushrooms. In all honesty though, I was very alright with that sine then I had the remaining one the next day on the road with work. AND – Delicious again!
Oh – we did have beverage during the making of this meal – here’s the warm-up (beer) and then the meal beverage (wine).