Paper work Friday, so I get to have a real mug to drink out of . . . not a thermos one. Also, it’s new tube of toothpaste Friday for me. Sorry, but there’s something about starting on a new tube. No pressure on getting out enough onto the brush.
Sooooooooooooooo, I ran. Now, being at home for a paperwork day, I could have gone out on the trails, but after letting the dogs out this morning. Well, I knocked it out safely on the treadmill! Anyway, 5k is done – creeping up on nearly 100 miles for the month!
New Music Friday:
- Weezer’s full album OK Human is out now.
- Mighty Mighty Bosstones released The Final Parade – a nearly 8 minute song
- Miss Taylor Swift put out – the “forever is the sweetest con” chapter of her music. The chapter title is a line taken from her evermore song “Cowboy Like Me.” 6 pack of musical joy – 3 songs from each of her albums that she released last year. Marketing genius she is.
- The Weeknd is releasing a compilation album on February 5. Gonna hear a lot about him over the next week since he’s performing during the Superbowl halftime
- Anderson East posted an InstaGram video of him writing “It’s finished” – stay tuned for that
- Finally, Black Pistol Fire – two piece rock band out of Austin, Texas, but originally from Canada. You can put them in the same grouping as White Stripes and Black Keys but they still have their own Black Pistol Fire sound via Kevin McKeown (guitar/lead vocals) and Eric Owen (drums). New album – Look Alive – is out now!
It was Sunday night, November 1st, 2015 and my wife and I were going to the Fillmore in Philly to see Gary Clark Jr. We were there with another couple who are known as G-Dog and Caff to our kids. They are the ones who got us the great seats – thank you. We all had a great dinner prior and were then off to the show to see this new blues guy stud. Being Gary Clark Jr., you would have thought that we would have known that there would be an opener . . . someone, anyone off the streets – Dog Tooth Violet? At one point, these two guys come out on stage looking like the crew. One was fiddling with the guitar, while the other was checking over the drums. The guy checking the guitar then rips out a couple licks that was like – whoa, stage help showing what he can do. Then, I looked back over the drummer, who was in the process of taking his shirt off. Hmmm – he’s getting awfully comfy. They then did the 1 – 2 – 3 nod thing and BAM! It was on – the best live band that I have ever seen – hands down. When this COVID thing is over. I’m heading to as many of their shows as I can.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” — Benjamin Franklin