Happy Friday / Streak continues – I’m at 78. I ran. I’m vlogging. Facebook still doesn’t want me. You know the toughest part about that is explaining to your mom that I really didn’t do anything wrong. Honest, Mom.
New Music Friday:
- The Biebs is up first. Justin Bieber’s new album Justice is out. Getting all kinds of attention over that Cease and Desist letter from the French duo Justice. Basically, their logo is on the cover of his new album. Anyway – let’s talk about the music part of it. Heard “Peaches” first today – made me laugh . . . not in a good way though. Then, there’s that song that radio is overplaying right now “Lonely” – that one gets into your head and hurts. Can’t wait for the next one. This isn’t all negative, I know the guy is talented. I did listen to “As I Am”. Khalid sings on this song, too. Now, that’s a good pop song.
- New album from Jon Batiste – he’s the bandleader on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Nice jazz, funk album – We Are . “Whatchutalkinbout” is fun 2 minute song. I believe the entire album is going to be something that I’ll be listening to.
- Speaking of 2 minute songs – I did listen to some new Hip Hop, Lil Tjay’s “Head Shot” and Lil Mosey’s “Try Me”. However, both – I think should have been just a bit longer. I just felt that they ended abruptly and wanted more. Now, TikTok star, Addison Rae‘s song – “Obsession”. That’s another short one, but I enjoyed it.
- Harry Connick Jr. and Lana Del Ray – whole album drops from them today
- BREAKING AND ENTERING – The Talbott Brothers reached out and liked my vlog from last Friday. So, I listened to their stuff. Folk, rock sound – brotherly duo. I’d compare them to the bands: Beta Radio and NEEDTOBREATHE. Listened to their originals, but what’s always good to hear is a cover song that’s well done. They did the Boss’ song “Dancing in the Dark” – on their most recent album Acoustic Selections From Ghost Talker.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Be yourself is all that you can do.” – by Chris Cornell