morning babble / Friday 09-17-21
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much. When all else fails – go watch the video!
Fast is over. I broke the fast with a dinner from Poke Bros – delicious food. Ate it with chopsticks too – so that way I didn’t inhale my food. Not easy when you don’t use chopsticks everyday. So, I saw a billboard yesterday with Butterscotch Krimpets on it. I have not had these Tastykakes in a while.
#260 5K run of the year – almost hitting the less than 100 number
New Music Friday:
- We’ll start with the two men that each play a cello and then call themselves – 2CELLOS. Whole album is out today – Dedicated – includes past songs that I’ve mentioned like Aerosmith’s “Cryin'” and Image Dragons “Demons”. Today, the single that’s being pushed is Guns N Roses’ “Sweet Child O’ Mine”. Great album to get away from the lyrics of the song and simply hear how it’s played out with 2CELLOS – in a kick-ass way.
- Lil Nas X’s full album is dropped today – Montero – 16 songs. All kinds of artists on there: Jack Harlow, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat (who just hosted the MTV VMA’s this past Sunday), Miley Cyrus, and Elton John. If you’ve seen that Uber Eats commercial, that’s Elton John and Lil Nas X. Some people are like – oh, that’s Lil Nas X. Others are like – oh, that’s Elton John. Anyway – not necessarily an album that I would crank but totally appreciate that the dude is good and definitely has hooks in his songs – all over the place.
- JoBros – Jonas Brothers – are back – well actually, they’ve been back and will touring through October 9th. But – today, the sibling trio released “Who’s In Your Head” which recently premiered in front of a live audience on their Remember This tour. This is the 4th release from Nick, Joe and Kevin this year, following “Remember This” and “Leave Before You Love Me,” as well as “Mercy” from the Space Jam: A New Legacy original motion picture soundtrack.
- New Music Video from G-Eazy and Demi Lovato – click here to see “Breakdown”. The song appears on the G-Eazy’s upcoming fourth studio album, These Things Happen Too, which arrives on September 24th.
- Lastly, Allan Rayman released a 2 song EP today – love this guy’s sound. You get “Book” and “Waste My Time”. I couldn’t find any other info about him. Check his website and it doesn’t even have these songs shown on it yet.
IMPORTANT – Reminder: I’m doing the 5K run for the St. Jude Walk/Run in Philadelphia on Saturday, September 25th. I’ve joined the team – XTU to the Maxx – which is with Charlie Maxx who you can hear middays on 92.5 XTU. To donate, please click here – anything you can do will be greatly appreciated for this great cause. “St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer”
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Without music, life would be a mistake” – by Friedrich Nietzsche