morning babble / Friday 10-08-21
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much. When all else fails – go watch the video!
Happy Birthday to my niece, Emma – She’s one.
#281 of 5K runs – in a row!
30,000 countdown – 17, 115
New Music Friday:
- Adele has a new song out coming out next Friday (10/15) – It’s called “Easy on Me.” She had a teaser video come out earlier in the week. Adele says her new album was recorded to help her nine-year-old son understand why she and his father got divorced.
- “Everybody Wants to Rule The World” / “Shout” / “Sowing The Seeds of Love” – Remember all them? Tears for Fears, the duo of Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith, are back. Today, they announced their first album in 17 years. The Tipping Point is out February 25. Orzabal retained the Tears for Fears name as a solo project, releasing the albums Elemental (1993) and Raoul and the Kings of Spain (1995). Orzabal and Smith reconciled in 2000 and released an album of new material, Everybody Loves a Happy Ending, in 2004. The duo have toured consistently since then. I thought one of them was dead. I honestly feel horrible.
- Another song released from the Robert Plant and Alison Krauss duo – it’s called “High and Lonesome.” The whole album – Raise the Roof – is set for release on Nov. 19. They will tour in 2022 as well.
- Lastly, a fun sounding “ska” type song from a combination of We are the Union and Eve6. The song is called “Sound System”.
- Norah Jones has announced the release of her first-ever holiday album, I Dream Of Christmas, Norah Jones “I’ve always loved Christmas music but never had the inclination to make a holiday album until now,” Jones said. “Last year I found myself listening to James Brown’s Funky Christmas and Elvis’s Christmas Album on Sundays during lockdown for a sense of comfort. In January 2021, I started thinking about making a Christmas album of my own. It gave me something fun to work on and look forward to. website link “Christmas Calling” is the single being played now.
- When Christmas Comes Around… is the upcoming ninth studio album by American singer Kelly Clarkson. The 15-song collection features Ariana Grande (“Santa Can’t You Hear Me”), Chris Stapleton (“Glow”) and Brett Eldredge (“Under the Mistletoe”). In addition to original cuts, the set will feature covers of classics like “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas,” “Santa Baby” and “Jingle Bell Rock.” Next Friday – the whole album drop. Today, you can hear the single, “Christmas Isn’t Canceled (Just You),”
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Life is so much easier when you don’t hoard your past.” – by Adele