morning babble / Friday 12-03-21
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes it gets tidied up, but sometimes . . . not so much. When all else fails – go watch the video!
I need me some Josh Groban to chill out.
Okay – let’s talk Brenda Lee – yeah, “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” Brenda Lee. I like her voice. Raspy, sexy voice. Sing me that Dinyls song, Brenda! Wait – Did you know that Brenda Lee was 13 years old when she recorded “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”? AND – The song was written by Johnny Marks who, “despite being Jewish” (that was directly taken from an old article), wrote several hit Christmas songs besides that one (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Run Rudolph Run, A Holly Jolly Christmas, and more). Anyway, I still can’t believe that she was 13. Can’t ask her to sing that song from The Divinyls . . . nope. FYI – lead singer, Chrissy Amphlett – we lost her to breast cancer back in 2013. Meanwhile, Brenda Lee is still here with us – she’s 76.
I ran #337 – Countdown to Three sixty-six (366)
New Music Friday:
- Last night, Sia released a cover of ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ as part of a collaboration with Final Fantasy 14: Endwalker. There’s a video! I’ve got the link here. Sia is another voice I love. I think I mentioned that I need her to say that she listens to Morning Babble.
- Brent Favorite – Couple months ago, Band of Horses announced that they’re returning with a new album in 2022. On January 21st, we get Things Are Great. We got to hear “Crutch” on that announcement day. Today we get another single from them called “In Need of Repair.”
- Another Favorite – Tom Morello from Rage. Today, we get “The Maze” which features Andrew McMahon. This is the fourth promoted single to from his album, The Atlas Underground Flood – which is also out today. 12 songs in all. Thank you, Tom.
- Mike Shinoda, one of the vocalists from Linkin Park (miss you Chester) dropped a new song by the name of “Ziggurats” today. The song is part of a hybrid music + art NFT release. There will be 5000 unique NFTs, with different art and different music (but same vocals).
- There’s this “First Listen” 2-minute compilation on Spotify that showed up on my feed today. I think it’s new music from Michael Buble. I do know that a couple weeks ago, he reissued a deluxe version of Christmas — and it includes seven new tracks including “The Christmas Sweater,” a “Winter Wonderland” duet with Rod Stewart and a new version of “Let It Snow!” with the BBC’s Big Band Orchestra. Anyway – this other new music, maybe we’ll find out more during the Michael Bublé’s Christmas in the City will air on Dec. 6 from 10-11 p.m. on NBC.
- HOLIDAY MUSIC – The Talbott Brothers released their version of “O Holy Night” – very well done. I talked about these guys earlier in the year with their cover of the Bruce Springsteen’s “Dancing in the Dark.” However, they got their own stuff – check out their newest release “Open Sky.”
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE “LYRIC” OF THE DAY:
“It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime, what better place than here? What better time than now?” – by Zack de la Rocha