morning babble / Friday 01-28-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
338 days until EXIT PLAN
Musical battles going on in the news –
- Spotify – Joe Rogan vs. Neil Young / Uncomfortable weighing in on this one because it just gets way too political. BUT – all I’m saying, I love the ‘Godfather of Grunge’.
- Taylor Swift vs. Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz) He did apologize to Swift after saying she “doesn’t write her own songs” in a recent interview. He claimed it was taken out of context and used as clickbait.
New Music Friday:
- Kanye West announced via his Instagram that Donda 2 is coming out next month. This new album will be executive produced by Future and apparently released on February 22nd. Off of that album is a new single with The Game – it’s called “Eazy”. Kanye mad. That Pete Davidson line – I’m with Charlamagne (shar la maine) Tha God on this one. corny as hell,” he said. “I didn’t like it. What happened to Jesus? What happened to God? You weren’t even cursing on your records and now all of a sudden you wanna beat up Pete Davidson?”
- Michael Buble has a new single out – ‘I’ll Never Not Love You’ which is off of his 11th studio album called Higher and that is out on March 25th. It’s a mix of classic songs and original tunes. Covers of Barry White, Bob Dylan, Sam Cooke, and Paul McCartney
- Our Lady Peace released another single called “Run” but more importantly, the whole album dropped today – Spiritual Machines 2 (first one was back in 2000). Back in October, this was released as an NFT – 10,000 of them. Around Christmas, there was another drop and I missed that one, too. Anyway – all platforms have the album today to be heard.
- New eels music! We’ve gotten several of the singles already from this album and today, the song “Strawberries and Popcorn” is being pushed. Funny song – eating that for dinner, huh. But today, we get the full album – Extreme Witchcraft. A nice bluesy sound for the 14th album out of this band.
- Lastly, if you got kids, you’ve probably heard that song out of their mouths – “It’s Raining Tacos” – by the way, that song is nearly 10 years old. Anyway, the guy who did that song – Parry Grip – he just released “Eat A Pancake”. Clocks in at 1:03, but that’s all you need to get it stuck. You’ve been warned.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Making mistakes is better than faking perfection!” – by someone