morning babble / Friday 04-01-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Meatless March – accomplished it. Today, the meats will be had – no joking either.
Ooo – AND the Skippy PB recall is not a joke either. Can’t believe it. Salmonella
275 days until EXIT PLAN
New Music Friday:
Before we get into the new stuff, one thing I’m still saddened by is the loss of Taylor Hawkins – the drummer of the Foo Fighters, but a great musician overall. I heard nothing but good things about him as a musician as well as begin a dad, friend, and person. Gonna miss the man – Taylor Hawkins.
- New Red Hot Chili Peppers album officially drops today. This is their 1st one in six years AND it has guitarist John Frusciante (froo shaa tay) back in more than a decade. We’ve already heard “Black Summer” and “Poster Child” but today we get all 17 songs from Unlimited Love – over an hour of music – now, that’s an album!
- 21-year-old Jamaican reggae star Koffee has officially released her debut album called Gifted. This is her first full-length LP after she dropped her Rapture EP three years ago. Gifted brings with it 10 tracks that already includes hit singles like “Lockdown,” “West Indies” and “Pull Up.” Koffee.
- Last Friday, I talked about Harry Styles, the former One Direction singer, coming out with a new album: Harry’s House on May 20th. But we didn’t get any actual new music. Today, we do have “As It Was.” Again, this is Harry’s third solo record and will span 13 songs. He’s also doing that little Coachella shindig later this month. I would think he’d be teasing some more new music there, but we’ll most definitely get that “Watermelon Sugar” song, too.
- Got another cover song from Awolnation along with Hanson (yeah, “MMMbop”). We get to hear Madonna’s “Material Girl” redone. This is the third release from an entire album of covers that can all be heard on May 6th – it’s called My Echo, My Shadow, My Covers & Me. Again, Awolnation.
- If you want a 50’s Rock & Roll sound, then JD McPherson is the guy to turn to. Today, we get a new tune out of him called “Let’s Rock.” I can’t find anything about another whole album, but this is a start. If you haven’t heard of him before and again like that 50’s sound, you must go check out JD McPherson – “North Side Gal” – one of my favorites.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Anything worth doing good takes a little chaos.” – by Flea