morning babble / Friday 06-03-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
ANNNNNNNND IT’S FRIDAY!
I ended up not running yesterday – light jog tomorrow and then Sunday – it’s the 12th Annual Blue Hen 5K – which is a part of the University of Delaware’s Alumni Weekend / Again, this Sunday, June 5th – race begins at 9:30am
Please go to my Morning Babble YouTube channel and smash that subscriber button. (video) If you want to be that aggressive. . . be my guest. Be crazy and make someone else smash that button too (video) Spread the Babble!
212 days until EXIT PLAN
New Music Friday:
- I look hard for new music – good new music, too. So, when I miss an album by someone that I really enjoy listening to . . . I get really bummed. Allan Rayman came out with a new album back on March 18th called Roadhouse 02. Just heard it yesterday. If you haven’t heard of him, go deep on that one – lots of stuff to turn over.
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – the trio is back with their first new song since 2013. The song is called “Spitting Off the Edge of the World”. It’s from their forthcoming fifth album, Cool It Down, which gets its name from a Velvet Underground track. Full album drop on September 30th. There’s also a video for the song – click here. Might have spitting in the name of the song, but no spitting by lead singer Karen O . . . only in concert form does she do that. (video) On stage, she downs like a pint of beer and then sprays it back out in a fine mist. By the way – that wasn’t easy to find. You “google” spitting and then the name Karen . . . O.
- Megan Thee Stallion has released the official music video for her new song “Plan B.” (video) There, I think that’s all I can play. The song was previously previewed at her 2022 Coachella debut and features track samples of Jodeci and Wu-Tang’s “Freak’n You Remix.” Go off by yourself, put the ear buds in, and enjoy – Megan Thee Stallion.
- New Post Malone album today – It’s been three long years since his last album, Hollywood’s Bleeding and the Posties are hungry. I’m not sure if “Posties” is a thing or not . . . “Swifties” probably don’t like that though. Anyway – Album is called Twelve Carat Toothache and is Post Malone’s fourth studio album. We already got his single with the Weekend, “One Right Now.” The single being pushed today is the one with Doja Cat ” I Like You” (video) You hear that “We went over to France, then we woke up in Japan” – that’s some hook-up. Anway – full album drop – over 40 minutes of music spread out over 14 songs. Enjoy!
- Got a whole lot of new music coming from hard rocker, Shinedown. Set to be released on July 1stst is their 7th full-length studio album: Planet Zero. Apparently there is a whopping twenty new songs on it – a couple have already been released. The majority of this record is drums, bass, guitar, but there are piano songs and they released one today – “Daylight.” Wonderful song – there’s almost a hint of Elton John happening. Not knocking either one – it’s just something I’m hearing . . . and I like. (video). Lead singer, Brent Smith, just grabs you and pulls you in with his vocal storytelling. By the way, great name, Brent.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to require the most from you.” – by Caroline Myss