morning babble / Friday 06-10-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
3 Day Fast ended yesterday at 6:54pm with an IPA beer from River Roost Brewery out of Vermont – thank you Greg for the hook-up.
205 days until EXIT PLAN
New Music Friday:
- There’s a new song out from Pharrell Williams – “Cash In, Cash Out” – once you’re done listening to it. “Cash In, Cash Out” keeps playing over & over in the head. Pharrell teamed up with Tyler, the Creator and 21 Savage for the song. Next weekend – Juneteenth weekend – Pharrell is having his Something in the Water Festival in DC. The three stars – Pharrell, Tyler, and 21 Savage will all be there, so you know you’ll that one.
- New Jack White today . . . actually from Wednesday – “If I Die Tomorrow” is the latest single from his second new album of 2022 and it also has a video to go along with it. Arriving on July 22nd in its entirety is Entering Heaven Alive. We already got earlier singles from this album: “Love Is Selfish” and “Queen of the Bees”. Again, this is his 2nd album of 2022 – Fear of the Dawn being the first.
- The Pixies are dropping a full album on September 30th. Today though, we get the new song: “There’s a Moon On.” It’s the Pixies. Via Pitchfork, I read how they claim their new album is different: “We no longer have under two-minute songs. We have little breaks, more conventional arrangements but still our twists in there.” So, it’s the Pixies but with longer songs. Oh yeah – name of the album is Doggerel (dog erule) which means comic verse composed in irregular rhythm
- Remember that song Girls from the Beastie Boys (video) – Lizzo released her own version and it’s called “Grrrls” – it that beginning part from you’ll hear throughout the song, but what you won’t hear (video) is something like that. The Lizzo song is absolutely a “girl power” anthem song and very well done. Lizzo’s next album Special which arrives next month on July 15th – a whole lot more fun coming from her.
- Today, K-pop band BTS has released their anthology album titled Proof – with over 2 hours of music, you get 35 songs. Remember this is their anthology album – so, there’s only a handful of new songs. But one of them – “Yet to Come” is being pushed with the backing of a new video that they also released today. Video had 8.8 million views in the first hour. That’s Morning Babble material right there. Just kidding.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“The most expensive thing in the world is trust. It can take years to earn and just a matter of seconds to lose.” – by unknown