morning babble / Friday 09-02-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Outside and FULL COLOR! BJJ got blood flowing to my head, so I wasn’t so pasty white.
121 days until EXIT PLAN
Couple weeks ago, I reported how I always start my Friday with the New Music Friday playlist from Spotify. Today, it opened with “Super Freaky Girl” by Nicki Minaj – that was a wake-up. Fun song. Put the buds in. I couldn’t really play any of the video lyrics that I saw either. The video is out. (clip) – that’s all I can play.
Speaking of Nicki – I also talked about Megan Thee Stallion that day because she had a new album out. Well, the latest on her is in the newest episode of She-Hulk. This week, Megan Thee Stallion guest-starred in Marvel’s She-Hulk: Attorney At Law series on Disney+. The rapper appeared briefly in the third episode of the show
New Music Friday:
- Weezer! I played their song “Records” at the beginning of everything today. Now, the original “Records” is off their SZNZ Summer album. They just redid it though with Israeli singer, Noga Erez. As all the music with Weezer – it’s great, well done. Yes – I’m a fan. This year, we are getting 4 albums from Weezer. One for each season. We got the Spring and Summer one. The Fall one is coming out on Thursday, September 22nd.
- New Taylor! Last Sunday night, Taylor Swift won the Video of the Year award at the 2022 MTV Video Music Awards for her 10-minute video of “All Too Well: The Short Film.” After accepting the award, Swift thanked her fans and then revealed, Oh yeah, I have a brand new album coming out October 21st. (mic drop) Later, she revealed on Instagram that it’s called Midnights and features “the stories of 13 sleepless nights scattered throughout her life.” Nothing today though. I thought we would get something, but False Hope.
- Speaking of Miss Swift, since she is who she is . . . she got a full sneak peek sound listen to The 1975’s new album: Being Funny in a Foreign Language. Frontman Matty Healy said that her reaction to the album was “it’s so funny.” Hopefully, that’s what they were going for. At least, she didn’t say – “That’s a good start” or “So close.” Anyway, today we get another new track: “I’m in Love With You.” We also get a black and white video which features a cameo from Phoebe Bridgers. For the video, click here. On October 14th, we’ll get the full album drop of Being Funny in a Foreign Language
- Got another new song today from one of my favorites: Eve 6. The single is called “I mean you”. Announced several weeks ago, their first full-length record in 10 years will be coming out on September 23rd which is only in several weeks – it’s called Hyper Relevisation
Couple quick hits here:
- I haven’t heard from these guys in a bit: Arctic Monkeys. Today, we get their first single from their upcoming album, The Car – which we should get in its entirety (10 songs) in October. The name of the song is “There’d Better Be A Mirrorball.” I’ve always liked them and enjoyed how they have changed their sound over the years, too
- Coming out February 24th in 2023 – that’s crazy to say – is Cracker Island from the Gorillaz. Today, we get “New Gold” which features Tame Impala and Bootie Brown. The album is going to feature some other artists such as Stevie Nicks, Bad Bunny, Beck, and more.
- Last one – the Editors have shared ‘Vibe’, another cut from their seventh album ‘EBM‘. I’m thinking EBM stands for Electronic Body Music? Anyway – the album is here on Sept 23rd.
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“I never feel guilty about liking music” – by Rivers Cuomo