morning babble / Friday 09-30-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Happy Friday / Last Day of September – make it a good one.
Earlier this week, I flashed these delightful treats – Pumpkin Spice Cupkakes from Tastykake. My kids did some damage on them. We had two boxes. My mom reached out to the boy and asked if he wanted anything for her to pick up for him. He politely texted back – “No – you don’t have to do that.”
93 days until EXIT PLAN
Weezer was originally “Fall” / It was suggested to them to change it to “Autumn” because nobody outside of the US uses the term “Fall” for the season.
New Music Friday:
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
- My man Beck covered the classic Neil Young song “Old Man” for a “Sunday Night Football” promotional spot for this Sunday’s Chiefs / Bucs game. Via Spin Magazine: “In highlighting the song’s lyric “24 and there’s so much more,” the NBC Sports ad was meant to promote the forthcoming Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs game on Oct. 2, and nod to the fact that both teams’ quarterbacks, Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes, won the Super Bowl at the age of 24.” (Play video clip) Even if it is just a cover. I’ll take new Beck any day.
- Slipknot – the multi-platinum alternative metal band – just dropped their seventh studio album, “The End, So Far.” We already got several of the songs from the album, but today we get all 12 for nearly an hour of new music. Some of you might still ask – Who’s Slipknot? (play the clip) That’s the video from one of their new songs “The Dying Song.” Do they scare me? Of course they do. That type of attire. Clowns terrify me. But the music – they are mad talented musicians. Corey Taylor – one of the best lead singers for that genre. If you don’t get it or understand it . . . I get that too. It’s all good.
- BoywithUke hooked up with Oliver Tree for a new song “Sick of U” – here’s what it sounds like. (play clip) Someone made that video – the guy with the white glowing eyes is BoywithUke and the guy behind him is Oliver Tree. I’m new to these guys. BUT – I enjoyed the hook and it’s making me dig deeper. I like when music makes me do that.
- Paramore is back together and officially announced a new album coming out next year on February 10th. We’ll get ten new tracks. Today, we can hear the single “This is Why” – which is also the title of the entire album. I tried to go through the rotating door of band members. They’re out, they’re in, they’re back out, but now back in. Nevertheless, we get new Paramore today and even more in February – Hayley Williams still singing though.
- Random new shtuff: There’s also a new Pokemon song from Ed Sheeran / whole new album drop from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs / and from the Netflix Film “Luckiest Girl Alive”, there’s new Elle King singing the song “I know Where I’ve Been”
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Life owes you nothing. You owe yourself everything.” – by Corey Taylor