morning babble / Friday 10-28-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
I ran / Listened to new music again on the mill, but no Taylor Swift
Rolling Stone ranked all 229 of Taylor Swift’s songs and just recently revealed the top 10: #1 All Too Well #2 New Romantics #3 mirrorball #4 Delicate #5 august #6 Long Live #7 Lover #8 Blank Space #9 marjorie #10 Dear John
The worst? Via her seventh album, Lover – it was the song “Me!”
65 days until EXIT PLAN
New Music Friday:
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
- Ending with a Brent favorite and Starting with a Brent favorite – it’s Run the Jewels. Not a truly brand spanking new album, but a new one. Their 4th album RTJ4 is going to be remixed entirely by Latin artists and will be called RTJ Cu4tro – it’s out on November 11th and will feature remixes and new versions of the tracks. I’m still excited. Today, you can hear a new version of “Walking in the Snow,” now titled “Caminando en la Nieve” – click here to listen to it on YouTube. I was afraid to play some clips.
- The Atlanta four-piece band – Algiers (al jeerz) are set to return with a new album coming out February 24th. It’s called Shook. I don’t know too much about this band, but they did something that’s going to make me go back and listen to their past albums – they have like three other studio albums. This past week they unveiled a new song called “Irreversible Damage,” featuring Rage Against the Machine bandleader Zack de la Rocha.
- Marvel’s Black Panther: Wakanda Forever has had its big time premieres shown. You and I can finally catch it on November 11th. Apparently – they did good and it doesn’t disappoint. Officially released today is Rihanna first solo single in six years – it’s taken from the Black Panther sequel’s soundtrack. The new song is called “Lift Me Up.” Remember, Rihanna is the halftime entertainment at the next Super Bowl.
- Violinist Lindsey Stirling has a new album out and it’s Christmas music (play clip) As you can see, the video of the song “Snow Waltz” is showing the transitions from Autumn & Halloween to the winter holiday of Christmas. The Snow Waltz actually came out several weeks ago on October 7th but I waited. Like it or not, on Tuesday – that’s November 1st – you’re going to hear the “Queen of Christmas” – that’s officially Mariah Carey’s new trademark.
- Finally, it’s a Brent favorite and as I’ve said before . . . this is one to chill out to in my house library: it’s Ben Cramer . . . professionally known as Old Sea Brigade. He has slowly released half of the album leading up to today – but now it is in its entirety – all ten songs – we get the album called 5AM Paradise.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“When you’re happy you enjoy the music, but when you’re sad you understand the lyrics.” by Frank Ocean