morning babble / Friday 03-17-23
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Happy St. Patty’s Day! Couple green cards. Also, a year ago, my daughter tried catching herself or our household – a leprechaun
New Music Friday:
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
- This past week Lana Del Ray released the opening track from her upcoming album – Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd – the name of the song: “The Grants.” (clip) We already got “Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd” and “A&W.” Full album drop is next Friday (3/24). She reminds me a lot of Taylor Swift in the amount of music she continues to release for her fans. Just non-stop.
- And speaking of Taylor Swift – she released some more new music . . . or previously unreleased music – 4 songs in total. “Eyes Open (Taylor’s Version)”; “Safe & Sound (Taylor’s Version),” featuring Joy Williams and John Paul White from The Civil Wars; “If This Was a Movie (Taylor’s Version)”; and “All of the Girls You Loved Before.” That last one has apparently never been heard before. Left off of the Lover album back in 2019?
- Today, we get a new album from that Irish band, U2. Album is called Songs of Surrender and includes 40 tracks. New songs? Not really. The band has re-recorded 40 songs from across their back catalogue with new arrangements. I immediately went to one of my favorite songs by the band (clip) That’s “Where the Streets Have No Name.” I’m still working my way through it all.
- Last April, I talked about this band – 100 gecs – They released a song that was titled “Doritos & Fritos.” (clip) Interesting video. By the way, the band that got their name from a spray paint job on a brick wall – 100 gecs. Anyway – it was a fun song. At the time, we didn’t know when we would be getting their upcoming album called 10000 gecs. But – today we do. It’s today. 10 songs.
- Other new music: my man – Ayron Jones – came out with another single. Slowly building towards another album. This song is called “Blood in the Water”
Thank you to Spotify, Rolling Stone, Apple Music, uDiscoverMusic, Pitchfork & I know there’s more.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“My heroes are the ones who survived doing it wrong, who made mistakes, but recovered from them.” – by Bono (that U2 singing dude)