morning babble / Friday 03-24-23
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
This time last week, I was on a plane out of here. Don’t miss the lines and all the waiting. What did I learn – Vacationing takes practice. So, I need to do more of it.
Hey – I turn 50 on Monday – so, I’m declaring this my birthday weekend. What have I received so far? Well, I wife did find Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy PB. I enjoy the taste of the Reduced Fat.
New Music Friday:
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
- Ed Sheeran is taking on the hardest moments of his life on Subtract‘s lead single, “Eyes Closed” and yes, he’s got a video (clip) The album, out in early May, is his final LP of a set of records named after mathematical symbols.
- New album arrived today from Depeche Mode. We already got the 1st released single “Ghosts Again”, but the next one that they are pushing is “My Cosmos is Mine” (clip). This is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band’s 15th studio album – it’s called Memento Mori.
- Last week, Linkin Park’s single “Lost” claimed #1 on the Mediabase alternative and active rock radio charts. It was great hearing Mike Shinoda and Chester Bennington voices on a track together. We all hoped for more and actually get another one today: “Fighting Myself.” (clip) Linkin Park is celebrating the 20th Anniversary of their 2003 album – Meteora with a special 20 year edition that’s due out on April 7th. Both those previously unreleased songs will be on that album.
- Emmaline’s new EP – Retro Kind of Love is now available on all music sites. Who’s Emmaline? (clip) That’s just one of the songs called “First Time.” She’s an incredible artist that I’ve been fortunate enough to see twice in Philly at the South Jazz Kitchen on Broad Street. Delicious food and uber-talented jazz musicians like Emmaline. I’m ready for her to visit there again.
- Other new music: the band, Grouplove, announced their next new album: I Want It All Right Now – due out on July 7th. // With the 3rd new moon this year, we get a 3rd new song from Peter Gabriel – “Playing for Time” / Lastly, we get a song that really rocks out from Lyell – it’s called “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang” (clip)
Thank you to Spotify, Rolling Stone, Apple Music, uDiscoverMusic, Pitchfork & I know there’s more.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind.” – by Chester Bennington