morning babble / Friday 05-19-23
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Don’t need this anymore.
Had to cover up my shirt for a meeting this morning. Not good to meet with an employee for a review while wearing “Tacos and Cervazas”
By the way – some of you are quite perceptive. Asking me if I’m drinking during the show.
No – but it’s a possibility. I have Dunce Whiskey in the background. Picked this up at Philly’s Art in the Age. I working on a video of reviewing this book.
New Music Friday:
I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
- When I was talking about Blur this past Monday (clip), I had no idea that a new album was on the way. But – here we are. Last album made was 8 years ago – that’s 2015’s The Magic Whip album. This summer – July 21st to be specific – we will receive in its entirety: The Ballad of Darren. Today, we are teased by the album’s first release – “The Narcissist.” (clip)
- Foo Fighters have shared another new song from their album But Here We Are, which is all out on June 2nd – couple weeks away. “Rescued” was the first release. “Under You” is the second release. (clip) Via Pitchfork I learned that the Foo Fighters have described this album as being a “brutally honest and emotionally raw response to everything Foo Fighters endured over the last year.” So far from what I’ve heard: I’m feeling and hearing their pain.
- Mix it up here with a little Hip-Hop / Juice WRLD’s five year anniversary album of Goodbye & Good Riddance is out now. This special release includes two new tracks “Glo’d Up” and “No Good.” (clip) By the way, the late rapper’s friend – Lil Bibby has said, “The Last Juice WRLD Album is in the works. Let’s celebrate the life of Juice. No more mourning, I want everyone that Juice loved while he was here to help celebrate, especially his fans who he loved!” Hopefully coming out later this year.
- (clip) The name of that song is “Only Love Can Save Us Now” but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to remove that plastic bag over your head either. That’s Kesha and her new album – Gag Order – is fully out today.
- Other new music: Slipknot and Stone Sour lead singer: Corey Taylor has announced his 2nd full solo album by releasing its 1st single called “Beyond” /// Maroon 5 have unveiled a new single, “Middle Ground” which marks the band’s first release since 2021. /// And lastly, for their 10th album together, the Dave Matthews Band (clip) have released a 12-track album called: Walk Around the Moon. Several of these songs have been played in years past during their concerts, so although not officially released, some aren’t new to the true Dave diehards out there. I’m not going to compete with them. I’ve listened to the whole thing and truly dig it. One of the ones that jumped out to me with its groove was “Break Free” (clip)
Thank you to Spotify, Rolling Stone, Apple Music, uDiscoverMusic, Pitchfork & I know there’s more.
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Anything goes. You always find interesting things that way.” – Beck