Shout out to Jill who saw her band’s sticker – Gingham Shmuz – on my bulletin board. I met Jill back in my college days at the University of Delaware, when we were in a show together. I got to kiss her on the cheek. Sorry Don (husband), but it was in the script! He’s the guitarist by the way. Anyway, they went on to do a ton of shows, some albums, AND they won a slot at X-Fest for WRDX, The Rock of Delaware. They got to perform at the Big Kahuna and say that they opened for The Black Crowes. Very good times!
New Music Friday:
- Quick note – Daft Punk – the French duo – all gone. Their 1st big hit was from 1995 – Daft Funk. I remember the song they did with Pharrell – “Get Lucky” (2013)
- Speaking of Pharrell – he’s on the new Blink 182 album – so says Travis Barker. Also, guests are Grimes and Lil Uzi Vert. I’m all in for some new Blink.
- New Elvis? Sort of – it’s a remix. All you Peloton riding people got to hear it earlier, but now all us treadmill people can enjoy it. “Do the Vega” – A Dillion Francis remix.
- Hootie & the Blowfish “Only Wanna Be With You” – you got Post Malone covering it.
- Elle King and Miranda Lambert came out with the love song – “Drunk (and I don’t wanna go home).” Gearing up for post COVID times with that jam.
- Mentioned last week how Green Day – all three of them – will be getting their own Funko POP figures Well, they just released a new single – “Here Comes the Shock.” Also, somehow, they still plan on doing the Hella Mega Tour with Weezer and Fall Out Boy, that’s tentatively slated to begin later this year. I miss concerts.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” – Kurt Cobain