morning babble / Friday 07-02-21
Half way there! 183 runs / 183 babbles
Thank you! Please keep cheering me on . . . I could use the extra push!
In the meantime, I’ll keep telling stories. My wife talked about the possibility of doing a Charcuterie Board for next weekend when we have some people over. Promptly, my daughter got up from the table to announce, “It’s time for the Charcuterie Board dance” and proceeded to do that said dance. Later, I googled it – I mean, there’s a lot of odd dances out there courtesy of Fort Night. BUT – no such thing. She made it up. She’s also 5 and I should know better.
Speaking of my daughter, the calendar is marked for the 31 days of Cold Showers. I performed the act last night. Another one is coming later today. Glad I got that timer too because I was ready to jump out and it only hit the 3 minute mark. You wash yourself a whole faster when it’s all cold water.
New Music Friday:
- Imagine Dragons have announced that their new album, Mercury: Act I, will be released on September 3. Today we get the single – “Wrecked”
- Warned you that more Metallica covers were coming – “Sad But True” – done twice by two very different style artists: St. Vincent and Jason Isbell. As mentioned last week, over 50 artists of all shapes, sizes, and flavors will be singing their favorite Metallica song on a tribute album that comes out September 10th. It’s called the Metallica Blacklist with proceeds going to over 50 charities.
- Daniel Lanois recently shared a new song, “Torn Again,” which features a recording of Leonard Cohen reciting a poem.
- Jeff Tweedy has released a cover of Roky Erickson’s “For You (I’d Do Anything),” from the upcoming compilation, May the Circle Remain Unbroken: A Tribute to Roky Erickson, set to arrive July 17th via Light in the Attic (a special vinyl version will be released as a Record Store Day exclusive)
- Teasing his debut album, Lil Nas X has released a Marvel-inspired trailer , but no date yet. We just know that it’s coming soon and called: Montero. Cool trailer though.
- Coming out August 27th is How Long Do You Think It’s Gonna Last? by Big Red Machine – little supergroup of the National’s Aaron Dessner and Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon. Today they released the single, “Renegade” where they got some woman named Taylor Swift to sing it.
- Lastly, “I Am The Strip Club” is the single released today by Ms. Iggy Azalea. It will appear on her 3rd studio album – End of an Era – to be released in August. Is there a video? Yup. With a song title like that, I don’t think that I have to warn you that the video is not PG.
Speaking of not PG – go read my recent short: Banging the Door!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“If you’re lucky enough to be different, don’t ever change.” – by Taylor Swift