morning babble / Sunday 07-11-21
Happy Sunday – I slept in and it felt good. Also, I didn’t run yet. Run #192 will happen on the trails in a bit. This is the 192nd vlog though. I cold-showered too. Late last night. My daughter was up and did mark the calendar too . . . with a picture of a dart.
Slow run coming on the trails today. We had some beverage last night – whew! Also, we picked up some sausages from Maiale – that’s going to be eaten with some eggs, so more digesting before any trail running.
Oh yeah – AND, I saved Christmas for us. Remember how I said that our DVD player broke. Well, just before tossing it . . . I decided to pry it open and make sure nothing was left behind. Some skin was lost, but I’m okay. The important thing is that I broke it open and found a DVD – A Christmas Story. We will have Ralphie again this year. Whew!
“Don’t bother me. I’m thinking.” Love it. Go watch the video!!
Books on a Sunday!
- Born A Crime by Trevor Noah via Audible. THAT was a great story. I had no idea of his past and he really didn’t even get into his entertainment breakthrough. I’m sure there will be another future book, but this one – very inspiring on what one can overcome.
- This is Marketing by Seth Godin – I didn’t finish it. Good dent but not there yet. Next week, it will be done – pinky promise.
- Deep Work by Cal Newport – I read about productivity formula by Adam Grant
- Originals by Adam Grant – I then grabbed this book and read about stalling.
- A Guide to the Good Life by William B. Irvine – And finally, for some motivation about “living in the NOW.”
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“We spend so much time being afraid of failure, afraid of rejection. But regret is the thing we should fear most.” – by Trevor Noah