morning babble / Friday 07-16-21
Well, a beer by Equilibrium broke my fast. The wings and pizza helped too. But the beverage – so good – dHop 32, Double IPA out of Middletown, NY – wonderful beer from Equilibrium. Also, we watched Loki last night . . . all I’m saying . . . thumbs up!
Broke my personal 5k run streak record! #197 run was completed today on the mill
I cold-showered too – so the “31 Days of July Cold Showers” continues
Reminder – Record Store Day is Tomorrow! Recently visited Long Play Cafe for some vinyl. Got me Phil Collins and his first solo album – Face Value.
New Music Friday:
- Pop Smoke’s second posthumous album Faith dropped today. Bunch of artists appear too – Kanye West, Rick Ross, The Neptunes, Bizzy Banks, Chris Brown. This album already been deemed the #1 Hip-Hop album of the year.
- Normani coming back with “Wild Side” released today. Video too. It’s got Cardi B in it as well. One scene . . . they’re just wearing hair. I’ll provide the link – go here. One lyrical line that jumped out to me from Cardi B – I could probably suck a watermelon through a straw.
- And from watermelon through a straw, we go to taking you on the hood of my car. A very rambunctious morning, huh. Mr. Anderson East released “Hood of my Car” and yes – that’s what he’s singing about. His whole album Maybe We Never Die is released August 20th. Oh – and he has a video – click here for that.
- John Mayer’s full album came out today – 8th one. Called Sob Rock – inspired by 80’s music. It’s John Mayer. Can’t poke fun at that guy – way too many lady friends.
- Sia has a remix of song “1+1” out today. I just love the sound of her voice. You know how radio stations get artists to say “Hey this is Sia and you’re listening to Morning Babble with Brent Evans” Whew – that should be a goal. Her and Phil Collins . . . maybe Beck, too.
- Personal favorite of mine – Old Sea Brigade released an acoustic song of “Day by Day” (Video too). Really enjoy that guy’s chill sound – Old Sea Brigade aka Ben Cramer.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.” – by Phil Collins