morning babble / Friday 07-30-21
So, my recent purchase from Amazon – the HiccAway : A Natural Remedy Proven to Stop Hiccups Instantly is currently in San Antonio, Texas. But the arrival date is still August 17th. As I mentioned earlier in the week that’s not good because I need it for August 15th when I try 10 Hot Sauces with my brother-in-law, Nick. Again, this if from the show Hot Ones with host Sean Evans (not related, but I should check 23andMe because you never know) interviews celebrities while tasting 10 hot sauces. Lorde is on one of the new episodes. They chat about lyric interpretation, cheese, cicadas, whale watching, and, of course, her new LP Solar Power. Anyway – the HiccAway. San Antonio is 26 hours away via car. I could go get it. They actually have a window from 8/17 to 8/26.
I ran – #211 of 5K runs / I cold-showered, too. 2 days to go!!
We did lose two rockers this week. Joey Jordison, Slipknot Co-Founder and Drummer, Dies at 46. And, the bass player of ZZ Top, Dusty Hill – he was 72.
Enjoy the now. Meeting with my son’s doctor takes place today. We’ll know about surgery later today. I’ll talk about it.
New Music Friday:
- Nas announced King’s Disease II, a “sequel” album to his Grammy-winning LP King’s Disease. That’s all I got, if you google it, you can get a picture of the new album cover, but that’s it. No new track listings. No new songs to play. Just the announcement: King’s Disease II out next Friday. Also out next Friday – Kanye West’s Donda – apparently. That’s all I’m saying after last week’s fiasco.
- Bleachers—the recording project of singer, songwriter, and producer Jack Antonoff—recently shared another new song from his new album Take the Sadness Out of Saturday Night (out today). The new track is called “Secret Life,” and it features Lana Del Rey. This dude does everything – he’s produced for Taylor Swift, Lorde, Lana Del Rey. He’s one of the guys from fun. – remember that band? AND – listed in his Wikipedia bio it states: Antonoff was once in a relationship with actress Scarlett Johansson, his classmate at the Professional Children’s School (grades 6-12).
- Billie Eilish released her second studio album, Happier Than Ever. We’ve already heard “My Future,” “Therefore I Am,” “Your Power,” “Lost Cause,” and “NDA,” all of which charted in the top 40 of the US Billboard Hot 100. 16 tracks / Critics are gushing over it. She’s 19.
- Sleigh Bells are returning this year with a new album. This is a band that I completely forgot about since their 2010 Treats album. They have had several albums since – my loss, too. Their new full-length is called Texis and it’s out September 10th. They announced the record with a video for the new single “Locust Laced” where the duo is portrayed as a ’50s country group.
- Some “Brent” Music: Angels & Airwaves released another single from their upcoming album – Lifeforms – due out September 24th. The song is “Losing My Mind”. Also, The Glorious Sons released another single “Hold Steady.” I don’t think they have a new full album coming yet. They released one in late 2019 and was going to tour in 2020 – ahhh. So, they are starting it up again in December – called The Unfinished Business Tour.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.” – by Emory Austin