morning babble / Friday 05-13-22
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Quick recap on some things – 3 Day Fast is over. I was truly greeted at the door by my wife with the Pomegranate Lime Tequila Fizz – my 1st of 3 for the evening. Also, had pasta with sauce and spicy sausage. Lots of sausage – so good. There was an ice cream date as we watched the stand-up comedian, Chris D’elia (deli uh). We limited the dessert intake but it did feel make me feel like Popeye receiving his spinach, but in ice cream form. My +/- for the month is now at -11.4 lbs since May 1st. Weight loss isn’t really the goal, but I am monitoring it. I’ll do that Bring Sally Up Push-up Challenge on Sunday – update that on Monday. I’ve got to do better than 14. And I’ll keep my shirt.
233 days until EXIT PLAN
Last Friday, we were in Philly at The Foundry for Black Pistol Fire. We took our kids. Elliott has been to a concert already, but this was a first for my daughter. She made it through the opening act and about 4 songs into Black Pistol Fire. She then crashed in my arms
Woman came up to me and said this moment for me made her so happy. Me and my daughter on my lap as incredible live music was being played. I thanked her and proceeded to say that my son was there too enjoying the show – way up in the front row. She then proceeded to tell me that the first show that she took her 7 year-old son to was Slipknot. Now – I like Slipknot. I think the lead singer Corey Taylor is amazing. BUT – Do you know Slipknot? (video) Did you see that? Please know . . . I am not making fun. Slipknot fans – all good. I have my favorites – like I said I’m a big Corey Taylor fan – solo, his other band Stone Sour, and even Slipknot. BUT – taking my 7 year-old son to their concert? Grow up fast.
New Music Friday:
- Kendrick Lamar has released his new double album titled Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers. Last Sunday, the video and song for “The Heart, Part 5” was released. Within the video, Kendrick stands in front and delivers his powerful-like sermon. As the rhyming continues on, his face morphs into polarizing celebrities like OJ Simpson, Kanye West, and Will Smith. Near the end of the video, Kendrick transforms into Kobe Bryant and Nipsey Hussle as he pays to fallen icons.
- Black Keys new album has arrived – their 11th and it’s called Dropout Boogie. They were just on Jimmy Kimmel the other night playing two of the album’s releases: “Wild Child” and “It Ain’t Over.” Fun Fact – tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of their 1st album The Big Come Up. All of their albums are good, but I am excited to hear the newest one and again it’s called Dropout Boogie. 10 songs / 34 minutes / Don’t blink. One song that jumped out to me is “Your Team is Looking Good.” 1st time through – I enjoyed that one and wanted it to just keep going.
- Death Cab for Cutie have released a new single, “Roman Candles.” It’s the 1st tease of the band’s 10th album – Asphalt Meadows – which is due out Sept. 16th. Via Rolling Stone, the band explained: “Roman Candles’ is about the crippling, existential dread that goes hand in hand with living in a nervous city on a dying planet, and that the only way to be in the moment is to let it all go.” So, it’s a happy song. I’m excited though for the whole album. Death Cab has an odd place in my musical heart. Their album PLANS was the first album I ever downloaded onto my iPod, which definitely helped get me back into music. This past Tuesday, Apple announced it was discontinuing the manufacture of the iPod Touch, the last of the iPod models still being produced.
- Post Malone’s forthcoming album twelve carat toothache is getting closer and closer – full drop on June 3rd. The rapper has shared a new single called “Cooped Up” and it’s featuring Roddy Ricch. I gave it a listen. I need to give a couple more. He’s one that can sneak up on you and get into your head. Later on, you’re singing it to yourself.
- My Chemical Romance have returned with their 1st new song since 2014, “The Foundations of Decay”. No new album is in place. In fact, no new music was really going to be put out but the band’s been hanging out and about to embark on a reunion tour with dates in North America and Europe – ends in October. But today, we got the 6-minute new song from these guys. Again, it’s called “The Foundations of Decay”
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“If you like something, rock it. If you want to rock a cape every day, go for it.” – by Post Malone