morning babble / Friday 05-26-23
This is the scribble that leads to the babble. Sometimes, it gets tidied up; but other times, not so much. When all else fails: watch the video!
Happy Weekend? Happy Summer Weekend!
Welcome to the Official Start of Summer – Happy Memorial Day Weekend! I’m excited to get outside even more. Sort of.
The amount of pollen on the cars in the morning – unreal. It’s like winter, but not. Have to use that car snow brush thing. So much pollen. I have to shovel the sidewalks of pollen so the neighbors can go on their walks. As a courtesy, leave out some Kleenex at the end of the driveway for everyone to use. Everybody’s sneezing. (sneezing Panda)
By the way, these outside runs of mine because the treadmill is shot. Holy ouch to my body. After one this past week, I had to put an ice pack on my face. Not my feet or legs or anything run related but my face. Took awhile and several Benadryl to become normalized again.
Also, I have come up with a challenge for myself that will begin June 1st and continue throughout the entire month while vlogging every day. I’ll announce it on Memorial Day Monday, because it still terrifies me. I really want to push myself, but . . . we’ll see. (clip)
Oh, and my 3-Day Fast. I completed it. Some people reached out because I didn’t post what I ate to break the fast on Instagram like I normally do. We were actually out as a family to another family’s home for a birthday party. Crabs and beer broke the fast. Unfortunately, I couldn’t eat the crabs the way I probably would have if I was in my own home (clip)
New Music Friday:
Finally – Let’s get into this.
As always, I put together a Spotify playlist of the songs that I talked about and thought about today for New Music Friday. Click here for that!
- First up – Beyonce with her song: “America Has a Problem” – this song has already been out there courtesy of her recent Renaissance album. BUT – this is an updated version with some dude named Kendrick Lamar joins in (clip)
- So, Beyonce creating great music and then taking it again to making it even greater or more better. Taylor Swift is doing the same thing with “Karma” which is off of her Midnights album. For this revision, she includes Ice Spice on the song (clip)
- So, Beyonce and Taylor giving us new music by tweaking their old music a little bit. So, let’s get into some really new music (clip) “Dance The Night” from Dua Lipa – her contribution to the upcoming Barbie movie soundtrack. The Barbie movie which stars Margot Robbie as Barbie and Ryan Gosling as Ken – comes out July 21st.
- (Clip) That’s KennyHoopla with his song “You Needed a Hit” . Via the Alternative Press, he was quoted as saying that this song “felt like the perfect song to start a roll out with,” he also confirmed that “more music is on the way.” By the way, that’s his dog is in the video (clip) Happy bunnies there at the end. KennyHoopla appears to have the same humor as the band that he’s opening for (clip) Blink-182 – I am so ready for new music from them. I recently got an email because I’m geeky like that and on their email list, but it said something about being available now and I was excited it being new music. It was not. Instead it was tour accessories that they are selling on tour but you can also buy online. (pix) Those guys just make me giggle.
- (Laser) Couple Quick Hits of Music Updates: Post Malone has announced details of his next album which is self-titled, sort of. It’s called Austin, which is his birth name. I could have sworn it was Post. Anyway, album is out July 28th – lots of him on the guitar, too. (Laser) // Janelle Monae – I don’t know what I’m more excited about her new album out on June 9th or my new Rolling Stone magazine arriving to my mailbox (pix) That’s her on the cover. They call that a titillating magazine cover. (Laser) //
Thank you to Spotify, Rolling Stone, Alternative Press, Apple Music, uDiscoverMusic, Pigeons & Planes, Pitchfork & I know there’s undoubtedly more.
I go through it all for the New Music Friday (thanks brent)
Please subscribe on YouTube and spread the Babble wherever you can – Thank you!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their own dreams” – by Tina Turner